Recent Movies You Saw

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Re: Recent Movies You Saw

Postby matmico399 » February 23rd, 2021, 1:46 pm

Cobra Kai. Love it!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 5th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Coming 2 America the sequel it is on Amazon.

I watched 20 mins and turned off. This movie is not funny. It is like Black Panther, minus the effects and the story.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 5th, 2021, 9:27 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Coming 2 America the sequel it is on Amazon.

I watched 20 mins and turned off. This movie is not funny. It is like Black Panther, minus the effects and the story.

Well suit yourself....I just watched it too. I liked it! The circumcision ritual segment had Mom and I in stitches! I like Eddie Murphy's style of comedy, my Mom does too.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 5th, 2021, 10:26 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Coming 2 America the sequel it is on Amazon.

i just finished watching it and it was awful! and i was looking forward to this for almost 2 years

Breaker

Postby Breaker » March 6th, 2021, 8:33 pm

Re: Coming 2 America

We watched it tonight. My in-laws, my wife and I, and my step-daughter. Ages 18 -73. Everybody laughed through most of it. There were some unnecessary and dumb moments, but overall it was satisfying. Not as good as the original, but I didn't expect it to be.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 6th, 2021, 8:35 pm

I watched an oldie-but-goodie - Blades of Glory with Will Ferrel and Jon Heder. That movie is hilarious.
Too bad you need to go back a decade or more to find a decent comedy nowdays.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 13th, 2021, 9:43 pm

Just a few minutes ago saw this frightening sickening movie that should be mandatory viewing: Threads (1984) - forget any horror movie, they were all mere child's play compared to this! Still relevant about the consequences of nuclear warfare it's one neverending nightmare. Pleasant dreams should you see it.....

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 14th, 2021, 9:55 am

Dinner for Schmucks (2010) - probably the worst comedy I've ever seen. F-

The Business of Strangers (2001) - with Stockard Channing. Actually good flick but ends abruptly.

Enemies Closer (2013) - fair action movie with Van Damme as villain with maniacal haircut

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » March 14th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Been on a Sci Fi binge lately, early 00's films mostly. Got lucky as all were really good.

Equilibrium (2002) - [A-]
A very enjoyable action oriented dystopian sci fi flick with perhaps the shortest end boss fight ever given the protagonist is badass. Elements of Matrix, 1984, and Hunger Games (less the bulls**t) in this film.

Cypher (2002) - [A]
Low budget sci fi but mysterious and fascinating throughout. Perhaps one of the best sci fi movies I have ever seen and Lucy Liu is always a welcome presence in a film. Fascinating view of a future corporate world, an undercover agent, and a nice plot twist.

Imposter (2001) - [B+]
Another excellent sci fi flick that deals with concept of cloning and the protagonist running from law after being accused of being a clone that committed murder. Maybe Lieutenant Dan's best ever film.

Live Die Repeat Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - [A-]
Film that doubles up as both a comedy and action Sci Fi with a Groundhog Day element. Similar to Star Troopers in it's absolute absurdity but like that film, it was a fun, action packed, and mildly amusing romp throughout.

The Thirteenth Floor (1999) - [B-]
Released around the time of the Matrix. Low budget film but not a B movie. Acting is fine and storyline is quite thought provoking regarding the paradigm of do we live in simulated reality? It also has Private Pyle in it (who also went mad in this film).

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 14th, 2021, 1:57 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Dinner for Schmucks (2010) - probably the worst comedy I've ever seen. F-

The Business of Strangers (2001) - with Stockard Channing. Actually good flick but ends abruptly.

Enemies Closer (2013) - fair action movie with Van Damme as villain with maniacal haircut

Probably the worst comedies for me are:

The Master of Disguise - Not even Dana Carvey's acting can save this hopeless cataclysmically unfunny comedy. Roger Ebert couldn't have described it better: It's like some party guest who thinks he's funny and is wrong.

Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas - So painfully unfunny I walked out after 20 - 25 minutes of watching.

Return to “Other Media”