No more AVGN DVDs?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

No more AVGN DVDs?

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 25th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Every now and then I check to see if the Angry Video Game Nerd has released a new disc but he seemed to have stop doing that a few years back. I assumed he got some sweetheart deal with YouTube but then I saw someone mention in a forum the discs just weren't cost effective.

As much as it pains me, I can see that. People are satisfied by just watching the stuff online. Discs aren't really as popular anymore. Only the big blockbusters are being released on disc anymore.

Of course, it's not the same. I wanted to be able to watch these offline and without all the ads. I'd buy any new stuff he puts out on disc but I'm not holding my breath.

Thoughts?

Gentlegamer

Re: No more AVGN DVDs?

Postby Gentlegamer » November 25th, 2020, 9:49 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Of course, it's not the same. I wanted to be able to watch these offline and without all the ads.

Thoughts?

ublock origin

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 26th, 2020, 5:34 pm

I don't have a problem with DVD type movies not being released anymore. I can stream those fine. However I am much like you, when it comes to games I insist on having a physical copy. No other way for me. I did download one game and that was Costume Quest on the 360. I just want physical copies to own.

Voor

Postby Voor » November 27th, 2020, 6:23 pm

Have you played the games? I think 1&2 were recently remastered

Return to “Other Media”