Singing the Wrong Lyrics?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
lynchie137

Re: Singing the Wrong Lyrics?

Postby lynchie137 » December 15th, 2020, 4:04 pm

The chorus to the Night Ranger song "Sister Christian" . For years and years I always thought that they were singing "Motorhead' in the first line. Even before I even heard of that iconic and classic band... :D

tREVdesigns

Postby tREVdesigns » December 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Voor wrote:Hendrix: “scuse me while I kiss this guy”

Jimi was aware of that and sometimes sang it that way live.

My fave is Rush - The Spirit of Radio: “Bright antenna bristle with the energy” becomes “My Nintendo bristle with the energy.”

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » December 21st, 2020, 4:07 am

Was talking about old TV Christmas specials with my wife and I remember one from late 90s called ‘Olive the Other Reindeer’ which Matt Groening had a hand in producing or writing.

Some of the gags were about mishearing lyrics, the title and plot itself being the main one. Olive is a dog having species-identity confusion and hears Santa claim he’ll have to rely on “All of the other reindeer” when one gets injured, leading her to believe she’s really a reindeer and he was talking about her.

She meets a bus driver who claims “I used to think the pledge of allegiance was about me - Richard Stands.”

The best though, and one that I’ve never been able to unhear every Christmas since, is when she befriends some tough guys in a bar. One of them introduces his friend:
“Olive, meet Round John Virgin.”
And she replies “Oh like in the Silent Night song?”

Return to “Other Media”