Blondie Pollinator

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Blondie Pollinator

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 21st, 2020, 5:03 pm

Reviewing three Double Switch games prompted me to look up what Blondie has been up to. Turns out they released an album fairly recently (2017).

The first cassette tapes I ever bought were Blondie (Parallel Lines), Michael Jackson (Off the Wall), and Gary Neuman (Cars). Heart of Glass was my favorite Blondie Song.

I picked up Pollinator and it's surprisingly good. I had seen it got good reviews, but I was just thinking the critics were going easy on the group since they are rock majesty. But actually it's chock full of catchy songs and Debra Harry still has a great set of pipes. I guess the best part is it sounds like an album that could have been released in 1979, yet doesn't sound outdated.

Cafeman

Re: Blondie Pollinator

Postby Cafeman » December 21st, 2020, 11:51 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Reviewing three Double Switch games prompted me to look up what Blondie has been up to. Turns out they released an album fairly recently (2017).

The first cassette tapes I ever bought were Blondie (Parallel Lines), Michael Jackson (Off the Wall), and Gary Neuman (Cars). Heart of Glass was my favorite Blondie Song.

Yeah, my family bought Parallel Lines on cassette when I was in middle school, probably because of Heart of Glass. I wore out that cassette. Recently I've listened to Blondie Channel on Pandora and many of those songs came up, they're still great.

Return to “Other Media”