Your favorite Christmas movies

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Your favorite Christmas movies

Postby Zack Burner » December 24th, 2020, 6:17 pm

Everyone has a favorite Christmas movie, some are more than one. I'll start with a few good ones for me:

-Home Alone (1990) - gotta love the comedy from Kevin McKallister and his booby traps on the Wet Bandits. Plus the encounter with Old Man Marley always warms my heart.

- A Christmas Story (1983) - of course speaking of comedy, the trials of Ralphie trying everything he can to get his Red Ryder BB Gun.

- It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - a Twilight Zone style Christmas movie that celebrates life in and of itself.

But my all-time favorite is......

- A Christmas Carol (1951) - there are many versions of the tale, but this one has stuck with me the most throughout the years. Gotta love Alastair Sim as Ebenezer.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite Christmas movies

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 24th, 2020, 7:18 pm

I would add Christmas Vacation (1989) and Elf (2003) to that list!

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » December 25th, 2020, 6:03 am

Elf, It’s A Wonderful Life and Jingle All the Way (so bad it’s good).

Another favourite is Arthur Christmas, if anyone is looking for a modern classic (even though it’s already almost a decade old). Amusing and very touching.

For some reason I consider Muppet Treasure Island a Christmas film- moreso than Muppet Christmas Carol. It often seems to be on tv around Christmas - maybe it kinda fits in with the feeling of panto season here.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » December 25th, 2020, 8:04 am

It’s a Wonderful Life

Miracle on 34th Street

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 25th, 2020, 8:44 am

If there's one Christmas movie I'd like to see, but haven't been able to it would be Ernest Saves Christmas, since I'm a fan of the loveable lunk-head. RIP Jim Varney.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » December 25th, 2020, 11:57 am

There are many movies we try to make sure and watch in the days leading up to Christmas, most of them already mentioned; Christmas Vacation, Elf, A Christmas Story, etc. A few not yet mentioned that have worked our way into the film list are:
Office Christmas Party
A Christmas Horror Story/Gremlins (for when you're still not quite ready to give up the Halloween horror thing)
Scrooged
Trading Places

... and the one absolutely MUST VIEW, cannot miss, mandatory watching is "Bad Santa" (technically it's Badder Santa, the unrated version of Bad Santa). This is my wife's and my hands-down favorite Holiday movie indulgence ever. RIP Bernie Mac and John Ritter!
bs.jpg
bs.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 166 times

Voor

Postby Voor » December 25th, 2020, 12:26 pm

No Home Alone? Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

I watched Christmas Chronicles with the kids, and it’s pretty good. Quite a bit reminds me of the Santa ‘85 episode of Amazing Stories, an old series I watched on TV back in the day.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 25th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Voor wrote:No Home Alone? Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

I watched Christmas Chronicles with the kids, and it’s pretty good. Quite a bit reminds me of the Santa ‘85 episode of Amazing Stories, an old series I watched on TV back in the day.

I'm the only one who mentioned it :lol:

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » December 25th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Home Alone’s good.

Anyone else think of Grimlins?

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » December 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm

I liked all of the movies mentioned (well except for Bad Santa, have not seen it) but hands down my favorite is A Christmas Story. I just love that movie and it cracks me up each time I watch it. My favorite part is when he is helping the Old Man change the tire...classic. I would then have to go with Elf and then Home Alone for my top three.

Return to “Other Media”