Band of Brothers

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Band of Brothers

Postby matmico399 » December 29th, 2020, 6:37 pm

I have the DVD collection. I bought it after seeing part of the film on TV. Let me tell you if you haven't seen the entire series you are seriously missing out. I just watched it this past week over the days around Christmas. Phenomenal film. I think it was produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks.

TheEagleXIII

Re: Band of Brothers

Postby TheEagleXIII » December 30th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Second this, it's a fantastic mini series. I've been incredibly harsh when downsizing my DVD collection and I can't bring myself to part with Band of Brothers.

It's all based on true events too - should probably mention it's about an US Army troop during WWII. Some surprising faces show up too. There's no Hanks on screen, and it is odd at first seeing the likes of David Schwimmer and the guy from Office Space (name escapes me right now) in serious roles - but the casting and the whole ensemble is great.

They did a spiritual follow up called The Pacific, I think, a few years ago? I never got around to watching that, though.

Return to “Other Media”