New Music Alert!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
newmodelarmy

New Music Alert!

Postby newmodelarmy » February 2nd, 2021, 7:08 pm

For those thinking there just "ain't no good music made anymore", you are wrong. My early contention for 2021 album of the year would go to The Dead Daisies, "Holy Ground". What a kick @ss album! Anybody looking for a great hard rock album should check this out. I had never heard of this band before but a music channel I watch on Youtube reviewed this album a few weeks ago and I have been hooked ever since. Definitely enjoying this, I can't wait for my Vinyl copy to arrive.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: New Music Alert!

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2021, 7:45 pm

I'm going to get this CD on your suggestion. I needed some new music. Thanks

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » February 4th, 2021, 6:10 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm going to get this CD on your suggestion. I needed some new music. Thanks

Awesome. Let me know what you think, would love to hear your feedback.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 2nd, 2021, 4:01 pm

Got Dead Daisies off Amazon on CD. Love the cover art, depicting a Raven in a graveyard. Very creepy.

Haven't listened enough for it to sink in, but I like how it's old-fashioned balls-to-the-wall guitar rock. Kind of like a cross between Dio and Soundgarden.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » March 2nd, 2021, 4:54 pm

I forgot until now that I did listen to the first few tracks of the Dead Daisies album on Spotify. It's not a type of rock that I listen to very much but it was solid and one day I plan to start over from the beginning and go through the entire album. I hear The Black Crowes (there's definitely something Southern in the mix) with Audioslave and maybe a more modern Guns 'n Roses.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » March 2nd, 2021, 5:31 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:For those thinking there just "ain't no good music made anymore", you are wrong. My early contention for 2021 album of the year would go to The Dead Daisies, "Holy Ground". What a kick @ss album! Anybody looking for a great hard rock album should check this out. I had never heard of this band before but a music channel I watch on Youtube reviewed this album a few weeks ago and I have been hooked ever since. Definitely enjoying this, I can't wait for my Vinyl copy to arrive.

Deen Castronovo on drums! Deen is awesome and what a great singer he is too

check him out when he was in Journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5O1Cstp32o

Return to “Other Media”