Your favorite Valentine's Day movie(s)

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Your favorite Valentine's Day movie(s)

Postby Zack Burner » February 11th, 2021, 7:00 pm

With V-day coming up this weekend, how about the one romantic movie(s) you watch over and over again with your date/spouse/wife to feel on cloud 9? I'll start:

Amelie - This tasty French creme broule of a movie is my top pick, the main character I relate to, she helps others while trying to come out of her shell and find her man. Sweet and funny at the same time. Makes me want to.....Tomber Amoureux (fall in love)!

Much Ado about Nothing (1993) - How about a little Shakespeare in your romance? A little merry war between different lovers with some nice comic touches and a great ensemble cast, some of which became Harry Potter actors! Kenneth Branaugh (Gilderoy Lockhart), Emma Thompson (Professor Trelawney), and Imelda Staunton (The horrible Professor Umbridge). Plus Denzel Washington, Keanau Reeves, Michael Keaton, Brian Blessed, Kate Beckinsdale.

Casablanca - "Here's Lookin at you kid!" Gotta love ole' Bogey in this timeless Hollywood Classic of romance and adventure.

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Audrey Hepburn's masterpiece of romance in the big city. Only complaint is the inclusion of Mickey Rooney's controversial character...

The Cutting Edge - I love figure skating and the two bickering couple have a great chemistry. And who'd have thought that the leads would go on to play Disney characters?

velcrozombie

Re: Your favorite Valentine's Day movie(s)

Postby velcrozombie » February 12th, 2021, 10:31 am

Last Tango in Paris (1972)

The Night Porter (1974)

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

Blue Velvet (1986)

Dead Ringers (1988)

Wild at Heart (1990) (this one could legitimately work, I guess)

Heavenly Creatures (1994)

Mandy (2018)

If you want a real answer, Chungking Express (1994) is a genuinely sweet, romantic movie I like a lot.

EDIT: Maybe swap out Wild at Heart and Heavenly Creatures and add In the Company of Men (1997), Antichrist (2009) and of course Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966).

Return to “Other Media”