Most memorable commercials to you

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Re: Most memorable commercials to you

Postby matmico399 » March 24th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Chuck wagon. The poor dog chasing after the Chuck wagon. As soon as the dog got him the Chuck wagon would disappear in a cabinet. I always wanted that dog to catch him and to shoot him up in his teeth. Go dog!

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » March 24th, 2021, 10:18 pm

zetax wrote:Anyone old enough to remember the creepy Mr. Yuk poison awareness commercials? How about "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seeds bun?" Ronco gadgets? Ginsu knives? K-Tel records/8-tracks?

MR YUK IS MEEEEAAAAAAAANNNNN. MR YUK IS GREEEEEEENNNN.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » March 25th, 2021, 9:29 am

Remember those old Listerine commercials that were done with CGI. They were developed by Pixar!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » March 25th, 2021, 10:28 am

zetax wrote:Anyone old enough to remember the creepy Mr. Yuk poison awareness commercials?

Not only do I remember the commercials, we had a sheet of Mr. Yuk stickers that my parents put on whatever they didn't want to touch. There may still even be a bottle around in the back of a closet with one of those stickers at my grandma's house.

I'm a huge fan of creepy PSAs in general. Youtube has been a big help and I've been able to watch not only a bunch of ads from the late 80s/early 90s that used to scare the crap out of me but hundreds of older and newer ads from all around the world. "Faces (1987)" and "Snakeman" (with the drug dealer slowly turning in a cobra as he walked towards you through a shadowy street) were probably the scariest ads I watched as a child - either of those would send me tearing out of the room in fear.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » March 25th, 2021, 10:38 pm

Coke’s “They stole our taste” ads for Coke Zero.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 18th, 2022, 5:51 pm

Recently rediscovered a few classics of the 2000's:
Chips Ahoy Creamwiches - anyone who grew up in the 2000's will know this one with the famous song, "I'm squeezed in the middle, smack dab in the middle, squeezed in the middle!" And let's not forget "Dont you love me baby!"

And of course......................"Give me back that filet o fish!"

Return to “Other Media”