Am I the only one who hates holidays?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Herschie

Am I the only one who hates holidays?

Postby Herschie » April 4th, 2021, 12:54 pm

I worked twelve straight days and finally I get a weekend to myself. All i want to do is relax, but I end up running around like a chicken with my head cut off and someone always feels left out or gets their feelings hurt. Then the preparations, get gifts, go pick up the ham, clean the house. It never ends!

Holidays were fun as a kid, but as an adult they're a big chore and a bunch of obligations.

I feel as if James Rolfe could make this into a "You know what's BS?" episode.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Am I the only one who hates holidays?

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 4th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Well, if it makes you feel better we're entering a barren wasteland of holidays, with nothing coming up until Memorial Day at the end of May.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » April 4th, 2021, 7:53 pm

Actually it wasn't so bad. Saw some family, ate some good food. Even snuck in a game of MLB The Show while my wife was getting ready. I'm just the kind of guy who you have to coax out of the house because I never want to go anywhere, but I usually end up having a good time and am glad I went.

The worst Easter though was in 1989. We were at my grandparents' house in Iowa and when I woke up that morning, Super Mario 2 was in my Easter basket. Unfortunately my NES was all the way back in Chicago.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 24th, 2022, 5:44 pm

Ok, I'm back to hating holidays again. Christmas is by far the worst, and I will die on this hill! What a hassle.

scotland

Postby scotland » December 24th, 2022, 6:14 pm

Herschie wrote:Actually it wasn't so bad. Saw some family, ate some good food. Even snuck in a game of MLB The Show while my wife was getting ready. I'm just the kind of guy who you have to coax out of the house because I never want to go anywhere, but I usually end up having a good time and am glad I went.

This is so me as well. I love being somewhere, but such a chore getting there, packing, cleaning, etc. Having family friends over, but they are mostly my wife's circle. Like 2 days of prep. I'll have fun. Our basement has lots of things to do.

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » December 24th, 2022, 6:41 pm

My only issue with Christmas is that you have this huge build up for over a month only for the entire celebration to go down in just one day. Feel like it should be a little longer.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 24th, 2022, 8:18 pm

SuperiorShark wrote:My only issue with Christmas is that you have this huge build up for over a month only for the entire celebration to go down in just one day. Feel like it should be a little longer.

If I had my way, I'd whittle it down to fifteen minutes!

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 24th, 2022, 8:45 pm

SuperiorShark wrote:Feel like it should be a little longer.

There’s always Hanukkah, friend :D

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 24th, 2022, 10:50 pm

Matchstick wrote:
SuperiorShark wrote:Feel like it should be a little longer.

There’s always Hanukkah, friend :D

I couldn't imagine eight days and eight nights of this crap! My wife and I wanted Pizza Hut tonight, but noooo! It just has to be Christmas Eve!

Ok, I'll try to be more positive. I do have a three day weekend. Of course with all the family crap I have to do, it really only feels like one.

Ooh, the lights tho! I love Christmas lights! And there are some good Christmas movies, such as "Friday after Next", "A Christmas Story" and the first two installments of "Home Alone".

And then there's the time my wife bought me "Ghostbusters" for the Sega Master System.

Still would rather not even deal with it.

noah98

Postby noah98 » December 24th, 2022, 11:47 pm

To answer the question--yes. Yes, you are.

Seriously though, I absolutely love the holidays. The older I get, the more I've learned to slow down and just enjoy the holidays. Shopping for gifts can be done online, meals can be cooked together, or potluck. No need to stress.

Return to “Other Media”