Bacon

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
newmodelarmy

Re: Bacon

Postby newmodelarmy » May 17th, 2021, 4:52 pm

I love bacon and eat it as often as I can.

Extra crispy...only way to eat it!

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » May 17th, 2021, 9:21 pm

Bacon bits in my salad.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » May 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Chewy. It's one of the greatest things on earth.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 22nd, 2021, 7:22 am

Americans talking about bacon who can only get the strips of bacon. I have had American and it is okay but I prefer Scottish Bacon. Ayrshire bacon is the best. Next up Danish, smoked. Sweet cure with maple is divine as it has a lot less water in it. I normally get Dutch smoked. It is good for budget bacon. Great taste and in a min I am going to have a full English, eggs, bacon, beans(maybe) mushrooms and toast.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » May 22nd, 2021, 8:29 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Americans talking about bacon who can only get the strips of bacon. I have had American and it is okay but I prefer Scottish Bacon. Ayrshire bacon is the best. Next up Danish, smoked. Sweet cure with maple is divine as it has a lot less water in it. I normally get Dutch smoked. It is good for budget bacon. Great taste and in a min I am going to have a full English, eggs, bacon, beans(maybe) mushrooms and toast.

Ahh I miss those English cooked breakfasts I used to have when I'd travel there. Did you also have fried tomatoes with it? I'm a big fan of bacon, either crispy or chewy, American, Canadian, or other. I don't worship the stuff like some people seem to, but I do really enjoy it and tend to have it maybe once every 2-3 months or so.

Any Scrapple lovers here? I really like that, too, but I get the impression it's more of a North East thing. When I was living in Hawaii and asked my co-workers about it, they had never even heard of it which blew me away since they seem to love SPAM and other pork-based processed meats so much.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » May 23rd, 2021, 8:47 am

Also, as far as American style breakfast bacon goes, this is my absolute favorite - it's amazing how tough it was to find a bacon without added sugars back when I was really looking for that, but this one hits all the marks and tastes fantastic!

Natural Sunday Bacon_Front.png
Natural Sunday Bacon_Front.png (194.09 KiB) Viewed 529 times

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 26th, 2021, 1:09 pm

C64_Critic wrote:Also, as far as American style breakfast bacon goes, this is my absolute favorite - it's amazing how tough it was to find a bacon without added sugars back when I was really looking for that, but this one hits all the marks and tastes fantastic!

Natural Sunday Bacon_Front.png

Looks fab. I wonder if I can get it imported into London.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » June 3rd, 2021, 6:04 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Looks fab. I wonder if I can get it imported into London.

Good luck - I have a hard enough time finding it around here, I can't imagine how tough it would be to find across the pond. Although with today's shipping services, I wouldn't be surprised if you could find some entity, somewhere, that would be able to handle a special case shipping like that... over night, using dry ice, or something along those lines. Not sure even bacon is worth all that hassle though! LOL!

Return to “Other Media”