Legends of the Hidden Temple returns to TV!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Legends of the Hidden Temple returns to TV!

Postby Zack Burner » May 23rd, 2021, 8:17 pm

Yes you heard right, Olmec and Kirk Fogg will be returning to TV sometime, no release date yet, but I'm super psyched considering this was/is my favorite game show of all time. Original, memorable, what more could you ask? The only thing is the contestants are adults instead of kids, but no matter. Always loved the Blue Barracudas, Orange Iguanas, and Green Monkeys. There was even a made for TV movie (you can watch it on Amazon video too). "Shu-rine of the Silver Monkey!"

Zack Burner

Re: Legends of the Hidden Temple returns to TV!

Postby Zack Burner » October 10th, 2021, 9:03 pm

Just finished watching the premier episode and let me tell you folks, it's just as if not more awesome as you remember! Things have gotten a little more macabre though, at least from what I have seen so far. The tale told had a few marginally gruesome moments in the semi-animated tale of the hero twins. There's also some rooms in the temple that follow it as well such as the crypt where a contestant has to find a beating heart out of a corpse and the Room of the Beloved where they have to navigate a skull back down on a headless skeleton. The contestants are now adults which are either 2 guys or 2 girls. The signature look from the original version is back, but only in the Temple Run. Now the teams are reduced to 4 as opposed to 6, Red Jaguars, Blue Barricudas, Green Monkeys, and Purple Parrots, so no Orange Iguanas or Silver Snakes. Christela Alonzo is one of the two hosts doing Kurt justice, though Olmec is back and in all his glory! Then of course there's the dreaded temple guards, and their even more frightening in this than the original version! All in all, great start!

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » October 19th, 2021, 4:50 pm

I remember watching this show on Nick Gas. I always thought it was funny watching contestants screw up trying to assemble the silver monkey!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » October 19th, 2021, 6:10 pm

SuperiorShark wrote:I remember watching this show on Nick Gas. I always thought it was funny watching contestants screw up trying to assemble the silver monkey!

Good thing I watched season 2 and 3 back in the day and missed those moments, because in what I mentioned, the contestants put it together faster and smarter. The most embarrassing temple run was in season 1, only 3 rooms the contestants kept going back and forth, even Kurt was embarrassed.

Return to “Other Media”