ALCOHOL!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Re: ALCOHOL!

Postby matmico399 » May 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm

That is John Belushi said in animal House, start drinking heavily. No don't do that, but you should experience a heavy buzz for the first time. Liquor is very dangerous. Stick to beer or wine. Alcohol is very enjoyable, but you have to cut it off before you have too much. Try Corona beer. It tastes like no other is delicious and we'll get you where you want to be after three or four bottles.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » May 30th, 2021, 1:49 pm

If you've made it to somewhere around 30 and don't drink alcohol because it doesn't taste good or you don't understand the point of getting a buzz or drunk, you should rejoice rather than seek to figure out what alcohol to drink.

I tend to drink something like 10-15 drinks per week. Almost entirely liquor, with an occasional beer mixed in. I'd probably sleep better, feel better, and overall be healthier if I cut that out. I love crafting cocktails, having a well stocked bar in my house, and hosting friends. But there is no need to drink alcohol; if you're friends give you crap about not drinking, find new friends rather than a new drink.

That's my 2 cents.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 30th, 2021, 6:55 pm

I actually quit hard liquor about 2 years ago. Even if I drink a small amount I could feel it the next morning and through some of the day. It just doesn't gist with me. That's my own personal body. I could when I was younger but I'm 51 now. I only drink beer and wine. Hard liquor makes me miserable anymore.

AtariToday

Postby AtariToday » May 31st, 2021, 9:04 am

I quit drinking years ago and while I wouldn't consider myself a drunk at any time I'd still say it was difficult. In American culture folks drink to celebrate and drink to forget. Had a good day at work? Drink. Had a bad day at work? Drink.
I think the hardest part was explaining to friends that I wouldn't drink with them anymore. I'm okay with them drinking if they choose but I just won't partake..but making sure they didn't feel insulted by that was challenging at first. Thankfully I have good friends and they were cool with it.

Anyways..if you haven't found a taste for alcohol I fully support you not looking to do so. Why not settle for a tasty soda and an intelligible conversation with close friends? Life is simple and enjoyable without the need for mind-altering substances, and it took me forever to come to that conclusion.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 31st, 2021, 9:15 am

The reason I started drinking what little I have is because...well, I wouldn't call myself a food connoisseur (I est way too much junk food) I'm at least a food appreciator, know what I mean? So drinking for me isn't so much about getting drunk or impressing people as it is just trying to sample as many different things as I can.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 31st, 2021, 7:52 pm

Today I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels and a 12 pack of Coca Cola and made myself my first Jack and Coke. I took a swig of the jack by itself too, and I'm surprised by how much I didn't hate it. I wouldn't say I liked it by any means (even mixing coke with it didn't fix that) but from everything I'd read I was expecting it to taste like gasoline and piss. Didn't finish it, but I still have the bottle so who knows? Maybe I'll keep going and learn to like it...but probably not.

Anyway, I have a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade and a pack of Smirnoff screwdrivers. Unless something magical happens to make me fall in love with alcohol, I'll probably drink those and just call it quits. Climb out of the hole before I'm in too deep, you know?

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » June 1st, 2021, 7:28 am

It's been a couple weeks since I drank alcohol. I have a case of beer in the garage but I'm not a big beer drinker anymore, so I'm letting it alone. And I'm post surgical procedure so I am advised to abstain for a while. Beer bloats me and if I dare drink more than 3, I get a headache. In fact, the worst hangovers in my life were all from beer. So I mostly drink bourbon for the past 10 years, and usually it is Jim Beam which I prefer to Jack Daniels. JD is more expensive and has a certain taste I really don't like. I can drink a glass of JB on ice, or mixed with ginger ale and lime, and it relaxes and mellows me with no side effects the next day. As long as I can sleep at least 7 hours and drink water before bed. In fact, that is my advice always -- drink a glass of water along with your alcohol, you'll feel much better afterwards.

But alcohol is empty calories and has addictive properties, and is a toxin to the body. And will cause weight gain especially as your metabolism slows down, and in the case of beer, especially in your belly! I cannot lose weight if I'm drinking. Also, we noticed how often TV shows show the main characters regularly drinking! It makes me want to drink! Especially when I was binging King of the Hill, I wanted a beer! Well, cheers!

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 3rd, 2021, 2:04 pm

Update.
Shock Top: yuck.
Pabst Blue Ribbon: ewww.
Some locally made strawberry beer I've already forgotten the name of: bleh.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 3rd, 2021, 10:21 pm

My tastes for liquor has most certainly narrowed, about the only thing I'll drink now is whiskey.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 4th, 2021, 1:50 am

I think I've given beer all the chances it's going to get. From now on, I'll probably stick to Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Seagram's, Jack Daniels Punch, Cayman Jack, and things like that.

Return to “Other Media”