ALCOHOL!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

ALCOHOL!

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 24th, 2021, 4:07 pm

I'm nearly thirty, and the only alcohol I've ever drank was a couple sips of beer and half a can of Angry Orchard. I hated both, so for a couple years I was convinced I just don't like alcohol. Then the other day a friend offered me a Mike's Hard Lemonade, and I actually liked it! Anyone got some recommendations for other drinks I might like? Please, help me start my journey down this dark and degenerative path...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: ALCOHOL!

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 24th, 2021, 5:34 pm

In time, alcohol can be the solution to all your problems (also the cause, but enough about that).

For something sweet and refreshing for Summer, try a Rum-Runner.
Pinapple Juice
Pinapple Malibu Rum
Capt Morgan Spiced Rum

serve over ice.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 24th, 2021, 6:56 pm

It looks like you enjoy alcohol with a sweet taste. I am not a big fan of those. But I would suggest a Pina Colada. Slightly sweet but not overwhelming. Decent alcohol content. They are delicious.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 24th, 2021, 7:05 pm

I thought for sure that I would like cider. I mean, I LOVE regular cider, so throw a little alcohol in there and it'd be great, right? But there's just something about the taste that makes that grosses me out — and I'm the farthest thing from a picky eater!

Anyway, I remember seeing a six pack of screwdrivers at Walmart the other day. Think I should give those a shot?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 24th, 2021, 7:13 pm

For the aspiring alcoholic I'd recommend two mild breakfast drinks - a Mimosa (if you like orange juice) or a Bloody Mary (if you like tomato juice). In Maryland they put old Bay in the Bloody Marys, so it tastes like a cold crab soup. YUMMAY.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 24th, 2021, 9:25 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I'm nearly thirty, and the only alcohol I've ever drank was a couple sips of beer and half a can of Angry Orchard. I hated both, so for a couple years I was convinced I just don't like alcohol. Then the other day a friend offered me a Mike's Hard Lemonade, and I actually liked it! Anyone got some recommendations for other drinks I might like? Please, help me start my journey down this dark and degenerative path...

I’m the same. I’ve tried alcohol a dozen times, a different variety each time, and have just never “gotten” it. I’m not opposed to trying more, but I don’t care one way or the other.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 24th, 2021, 10:11 pm

Voor wrote:I'm the same. I’ve tried alcohol a dozen times, a different variety each time, and have just never “gotten” it. I’m not opposed to trying more, but I don’t care one way or the other.

Honestly, I'm kinda wondering if it's even worth it, haha. I've got no interest in getting drunk, I'm just looking for something tasty to drink. Since alcohol is so expensive, maybe I'm better off sticking to soda.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 25th, 2021, 7:50 am

It sounds like you'd enjoy a strawberry daiquiri. From there go for a margarita on the rocks. You may want to go to an actual bar and order the drinks versus trying to make them at home. If you don't like them you won't have wasted a bunch of money buying all the booze for them. Plus, you can ensure they are made correctly.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 25th, 2021, 1:31 pm

My best advice is not to bother. It is the root of all evil

Having said that. Dark fruits cider is good.

Also, I like a Jack Daniels and coke. You can get it in a can.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 25th, 2021, 4:43 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
Voor wrote:I'm the same. I’ve tried alcohol a dozen times, a different variety each time, and have just never “gotten” it. I’m not opposed to trying more, but I don’t care one way or the other.

Honestly, I'm kinda wondering if it's even worth it, haha. I've got no interest in getting drunk, I'm just looking for something tasty to drink. Since alcohol is so expensive, maybe I'm better off sticking to soda.

It’s not. It’s expensive, potentially dangerous, and a frequent factor in many suspicious/stupid behaviors. Lol. That said, lots of people I know enjoy alcohol in moderation. I’m just not one of them. Like you, it’s been suggested that I’d like the sweeter/fruited drinks, but would still have to “acquire” the taste to some degree. That sounds like work to me, lol, so I don’t bother anymore.

I actually stopped drinking soda as of last week. Trying to cut out a lot of sugar and that seemed like the most obvious place to start.

Return to “Other Media”