Criminally underrated songs?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
astrodomekid

Criminally underrated songs?

Postby astrodomekid » May 30th, 2021, 11:51 pm

Have you ever heard an obscure song and thought "why the [expletive] haven't other people heard this"? A song that you've grown to appreciate so much that you wished it was a hit? I'd like to know if you have any.

As for me, I could name a few songs; but there's one song off the top of my head that immediately comes to mind, and that's "She Sheila" by The Producers. I'm a huge fan of 80's music, and it boggles my mind why this track is so under the radar.

jon

Re: Criminally underrated songs?

Postby jon » May 31st, 2021, 3:11 pm

I'd go with some glam metal bands because they stopped getting radio airplay because of grunge and changing musical tastes I suppose. Skid Row's "Quicksand Jesus" could've been a bigger hit. That whole "Slave to the Grind" album is great. It debuted at #1 in mid 1991 but it was tough because grunge broke late that year.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » May 31st, 2021, 4:22 pm

Probably this song by Status Quo. To me, it's a killer track, and I have no idea on why it never became a big hit on this side of the pond. Then again, you could say the same thing about most of their songs in regards to radio play in North America. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a Quo song on the radio here in Canada. Not even once, and that is a real shame.

Anyhoo, enough rambling on. Here's the song in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wI3tbBk1PA

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 31st, 2021, 5:29 pm

Sheila Sheila is a classic by The producers. I used to listen to that song all the time back in the early 80s. She, Sheilas in my head. I haven't thought of that in a long time, thanks for mentioning it.

Return to “Other Media”