Summer Book?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Retro STrife

Re: Summer Book?

Postby Retro STrife » June 29th, 2021, 5:16 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Good point about Gatsby. I think that was the one book I was forced to read in high school that I actually enjoyed! A classic.

This is a good time of year to take a break from the screen, pour a glass of lemonade and sit on the porch. I'm a slow reader (one chapter per sitting usually) but it really breaks up the monotony and lets you enjoy the season.

Yeah I usually get disappointed when I read the "classic" novels, but Gatsby was an exception.

And good call about the lemonade, but don't forget adding Deep Eddy's Sweet Tea Vodka. One of my go-to summer drinks.

RDReynolds

Postby RDReynolds » June 29th, 2021, 7:59 pm

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » June 30th, 2021, 6:26 am

Very cool. I will need to check it out.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » June 30th, 2021, 3:41 pm

SPOILER ALERT

Retro STrife wrote:Image

+

=

RDReynolds wrote:The Death of WCW!

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » July 1st, 2021, 5:53 am

Yo, I didn't know you were on this forum! I love that book, definitely one of my favorite wrestling books. I also used to have the Wrestlecrap Book Of Lists, which I also loved back in the day. And of course I love Wrestlecrap itself.

Would you ever consider writing a "Death Of ECW" book? I love ECW to death, but sadly, it doesn't have great literary representation as far as I'm aware. The Rise And Fall Of ECW was terrible, which especially sucks because the documentary was actually awesome. At one point in the book, they literally copy several paragraphs from Have A Nice Day without any editing whatsoever. That's about the laziest thing I've ever heard. I mean, plagiarism is awful in general, but it literally copy/pasted an entire section, word for word, from one book to another.

Return to “Other Media”