Bad Movies You Like For Some Reason

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
CaptainCruch

Re: Bad Movies You Like For Some Reason

Postby CaptainCruch » July 24th, 2021, 10:25 am

There are so many! :p

Waterworld
Street Fighter
Universal Soldier

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » July 24th, 2021, 2:34 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Anyone hear seen Wizards (1977)?

That's an odd one. My memory is fuzzy on it since I haven't seen it in over 20 years. I remember the art being influenced by Vaughn Bode (who was a friend of Ralph Bakshi) and it had a vibe of a post-apocalypse where magic and fantasy had retaken the Earth. There were some neat ideas (especially regarding the resurrection of the Third Reich and the use of propaganda to instill fear) but it was also very confusing at times with clumsy tonal shifts. I'd like to rewatch it. I watched Bakshi's Fritz the Cat last year and it doesn't entirely work either, although it's worth a look at least for its historical significance if nothing else.

As far as this thread goes, there are plenty of truly terrible films I enjoy (Blood Freak, Things, Robot Monster, etc.) but I'm not sure if that's what is being asked for. I saw Bless the Child with a bunch of friends in the theater around the end of high school and I ended up laughing hysterically throughout, to the point that I felt like a jerk about it. The Running Man is some delicious 80s cheese and I'll never pass it up if I find it while flipping through the channels.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » July 24th, 2021, 10:25 pm

I should've love that stupid Cat in the Hat movie, but Mike Myers is so UNFIT for the role that you can't help but be amused the whole time.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » July 24th, 2021, 10:49 pm

For unclear reasons I also enjoyed those two Garfield movies. Sick, I know.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » August 12th, 2021, 3:02 pm

Titan AE

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » August 16th, 2021, 6:15 pm

I'm a sucker for old Arnie movies regardless of actual quality.

Jingle All the Way is a terrible movie. But I watch it every year and in spite of its actual quality. There's too many great lines/moments that are unintentionally funnier than they have any right to be. And its not just Arnie either. Phil Hartman's obnoxiously great, too.

The remake of The Wickerman with Nicolas Cage used to be another of my favourites for all the wrong reasons.

Teddybear

Postby Teddybear » August 17th, 2021, 11:09 am

[quote="The remake of The Wickerman with Nicolas Cage used to be another of my favourites for all the wrong reasons.[/quote]

I wasn't aware that such a movie existed and will need to check it out. I am a huge fan of the 1973 Christopher Lee version (which I believed that he considered his favorite acted movie) and never did forget his ritual dancing at the end of it.

Not to be "that person" but in two weeks it will be September and the acceptable start to begin watching numerous horror movies in season!

JohanOberg

Postby JohanOberg » September 22nd, 2021, 3:25 am

Turbulence starring Ray Liotta. I love it when he goes over the top crazy. And I saw it long before Goodfellas and other Liotta movies, at the time I only knew him from GTA Vice City, so while it seems laughable now that the movie tries to keep suspense as to whether or not Liotta is actually the serial killer he's been accused to be, at the time I didn't know.
Ray also saved "Something Wild" for me, but that's off topic.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » September 22nd, 2021, 11:46 am

What if your favorite horror movie took place inside Oceania from Orwell's 1984 and it took away most of the charm of the first by getting rid of the mystery and explaining things that shouldn't be explained? That is essentially Cube Zero, a bizarre prequel that I like for its tongue in cheek writing and return to form with practical effects. I respect that and chuckled at a couple bits of dialogue, but I could go on on how it ruins the first film and how everyone including the government people we hardly see is an idiot.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 22nd, 2021, 11:53 am

Anyone seen Rollerball (1970s)? Any thoughts?

Return to “Other Media”