James Bond as a Woman??

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DrLitch

Re: James Bond as a Woman??

Postby DrLitch » September 23rd, 2021, 10:06 pm

Hagane wrote:The problem with Ghostsbusters was that the producers were more worried about pushing the agenda than que quality of the movie itself, the leads being women wasn't the problem of course, both Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wig two very funny actresses, it was a shit movie plain and simple, it didn't matter if the leads were the original cast, women or aliens, a shit movie is a shit movie.

Indeed, and while Hollywood are mulling in mediocrity and creativity, it has motivated me to explore the wider aspects of cinema. I have become a foreign film aficionado. After several dozens of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, South American, and European films I have come to realize that Hollywood, the money making machine it is, is severely overrated. I have yet to explore Bollywood but that is on my bucket list. I am engrossed in a Korean drama series called Reply 1988. Think Wonder Years but infinitely superior. I finish every episode with a smile on my face.

FYI, although your use of expletives is contextually acceptable, make sure usage is moderated because although the mod here will probably let it fly, I am sure he will not want forum members to get too comfy with using expletives - so called where one goes the rest follow ;)
Last edited by DrLitch on September 23rd, 2021, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » September 23rd, 2021, 10:10 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Hagane wrote:The problem with Ghostsbusters was that the producers were more worried about pushing the agenda than que quality of the movie itself, the leads being women wasn't the problem of course, both Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wig two very funny actresses, it was a shit movie plain and simple, it didn't matter if the leads were the original cast, women or aliens, a shit movie is a shit movie.

Indeed, and while Hollywood are mulling in mediocrity and creativity, it has motivated me to explore the wider aspects of cinema. I have become a foreign film aficionado. After several dozens of Korean, Chinese, Japanese, South American, and European films I have come to realize that Hollywood, the money making machine it is, is severely overrated. I have yet to explore Bollywood but that is on my bucket list. I am engrossed in a Korean drama series called Reply 1988. Think Wonder Years but infinitely superior. I finish every episode with a smile on my face.

And Hollywood is far from the only source of unoriginality, see the new Wonder Years (Reboot?) Series... Half of TV shows seem to be reboots, remakes, or nostalgia grabs (The Conners anyone?)

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 23rd, 2021, 10:23 pm

MSR1701 wrote:And Hollywood is far from the only source of unoriginality, see the new Wonder Years (Reboot?) Series... Half of TV shows seem to be reboots, remakes, or nostalgia grabs (The Conners anyone?)

It is not just Hollywood and Video Games then :lol:

I wonder why they would reboot the Wonder Years. It's demographic were boomers that were teens in the 60's. Today's 40somethings would be far more nostalgic for the late 80's / early 90's than the 60's for obvious reasons.

There is a new Matrix film coming out. As a fan of the original (not too much the sequels) I am curious how that will turn out.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 24th, 2021, 12:31 am

Who cares? Whining about change does no good.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 24th, 2021, 8:52 am

People - please make sure you cover up all your expletives, for example s**t.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 24th, 2021, 10:29 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:People - please make sure you cover up all your expletives, for example s**t.

Apologies if I have said s**t, I will not do it again. Modesty Blaze was ****. It was like the one with Woodie Allen. So bad it was a crime.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » September 24th, 2021, 1:22 pm

Sorry for the S-bomb word. :mrgreen:

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » September 24th, 2021, 10:37 pm

Hagane wrote:Sorry for the S-bomb word. :mrgreen:

You're going to make us go back to the days of mod approval for messages. Those weren't fun times.

Den

Postby Den » September 25th, 2021, 11:15 am

There sure are a lot of crusty old snowflakes here. This entire discussion could've been taken from r/conservative or one of the other echo-chamber subreddits.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 25th, 2021, 11:40 am

Den wrote:There sure are a lot of crusty old snowflakes here. This entire discussion could've been taken from r/conservative or one of the other echo-chamber subreddits.

Lol, so true.

Return to “Other Media”