Autumn Leaves

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Autumn Leaves

Postby matmico399 » October 15th, 2021, 1:36 pm

This is one of my favorite seasons of the year heading into Halloween, college football on the screen, cool weather and one of my favorite things, Autumn leaves. I have been an avid leaf watcher for about 10 years now. Love looking at the different colors and realizing I'm heading back to a great football game. For all you leaf peepers out there how is it looking in your neck of the woods? I live in Atlanta so I have to wait a few more weeks than a lot of you people. We're finally getting some temperatures into the upper 40s and 50s next week so hopefully they will be coming soon. Your thoughts?

Zack Burner

Re: Autumn Leaves

Postby Zack Burner » October 15th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Autumn is magical to many, including myself, the different colored leaves bring a sense of majesty and when the leaves are falling it creates a magical ambience. It also generates the feeling of spookiness, since after all if anyone remembers Greek Mythology, this is where Persephone returns to the Underworld to be with her king Hades as Persephone brings life to the surface. In the myth, Persephone ate 6 pomegranate seeds and those seeds represent months being down in the Underworld, so Autumn and Winter are the times she's with Hades. Whereas Spring and Summer is when she's with Demeter, her mother.

Return to “Other Media”