Scream 2022

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Scream 2022

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 11th, 2022, 7:32 pm

They are doing it again - calling a the latest version of the movie Scream when it fact it is Scream 5. Just like they did with Halloween. I hate this crap. Now when anyone references this movie you'll have to ask if it's Scream 1996 or Scream 2022.

What are they thinking? People forgot about the original movie? Not likely since fans are their target audience.

Otherwise I'm kind of looking forward to this one. Looks like they got the old band back together.

matmico399

Re: Scream 2022

Postby matmico399 » January 11th, 2022, 8:00 pm

I completely agree with you. It is super annoying and I can't stand how they are doing this. Certainly not the first. Having been around movies my whole life I am a big film buff and worked in the industry for several years. The reason they do this is generally the more numbers they have after the title, people just pick it up as a trash film trying to make more bucks. I mean look at the Friday the 13th movies, I think they are like up to number 12 now or something. People don't give it credit so they retitle it. It's stupid, but it probably makes them a few more bucks.

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » January 12th, 2022, 8:41 pm

It's as if they're trying to say "hey remember that old movie from 1996? Forget that crap! You'll never want to watch it again after you see this new one!" And more often than not the new one is no where near as good as the original or total garbage.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 12th, 2022, 8:48 pm

SuperiorShark is right. I think it's a sign of disrespect to the original.

If the first one had been a dog, that's one thing, but it's a classic. The chances that the new one will be anywhere near as good are slim at best.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » January 13th, 2022, 7:42 pm

The new The Exorcist is being developed now. I have some hope for it because Ellen burstyn is coming back, and I don't think as quality an actress and icon she is would do it if it were a total piece of crap. She doesn't need the money and only appears in artistic films. I don't believe there is a title yet, but I hope they don't name it as the original name. Hopefully it will have a subtitle, that completely distances itself from all the crappy sequels and reboots. I have a lot of Hope for this, I hope it pays off.

Return to “Other Media”