Halo tv series

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Halo tv series

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 5th, 2022, 5:23 pm

There is a new Halo tv-series and if you are in the US you can watch it for FREE on YouTube according to this article. By all accounts it is trash but hey you never know it might be good... https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/want-to-watch-halo-but-dont-have-paramount-plus-youtube-is-here-to-help

Retro STrife

Re: Halo tv series

Postby Retro STrife » August 6th, 2022, 9:34 pm

I’ll say this - the first 20 minutes is must-watch material for fans of the Halo games. It got me really hyped for the show. But I don’t know if that’s enough to stick with it.

This is a big-budget live action series streaming on Paramount+ and has like 9 episodes. I watched episode 1 last week. Really strong opening.. then lots of boring background for 30 minutes.. and a decent ending to set up episode 2. The show seems set around the time of early Halo games, and you’ll see some familiar faces. It tries to humanize Master Chief.. he even takes off his helmet, which never happens in the games, and he goes rogue from orders to protect an enemy soldier.

Not really sure who the target audience is though. Just fans of Halo games? Is that enough for ratings? Or they really think random people will watch? I don’t think I’ll keep watching since I barely watch tv as it is, and there’s better shows. BUT worth watching the first 20 minutes to decide for yourself.

Return to “Other Media”