Obi Wan Kenobi Sucks?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Obi Wan Kenobi Sucks?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 29th, 2022, 5:58 pm

I actually had high hopes for this one, but talking to friends it sounds like a complete bust.

Did Disney screw up again? I really liked Ewan McGregor in the prequels.

ActRaiser

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Sucks?

Postby ActRaiser » May 29th, 2022, 11:55 pm

Did you watch episode 2? I find it hard to believe you'd say that after watching all the way to the end.

Voor

Postby Voor » May 30th, 2022, 8:14 pm

Dude, saying a popular thing sucks is an “in” thing. Also, I’ve learned that Star Wars fans are about impossible to please as a whole.

If you like the franchise, I’m sure it’s worth trying to see for yourself.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 30th, 2022, 9:14 pm

I don't think I'm going to watch it. I've never been a fan of the TV series.

jackj5000

Postby jackj5000 » May 30th, 2022, 9:52 pm

I enjoyed it. I'm definitely ready for more.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 31st, 2022, 8:39 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I don't think I'm going to watch it. I've never been a fan of the TV series.

Jesus Christ, Dave. It's one thing to view click bait articles on the Internet. It's another to view the same in your forums. If you haven't even watched it why post this crap? It's one thing to have your own honest opinion and it's another to post negative crap without having taken the time to watch it.

Imagine writing a review of a game without having played it only based on conjecture from others.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 31st, 2022, 7:09 pm

I am watching the first Suicide squad. It is such a bad movie and yet I watched it in the cinema and another 3 times streaming.

Get the free month of Disney plus or pay the 6 bucks and watch the lot for yourself. Then cancel it. Then you get to make up your own mind.
It could be great, it could be mince. At the end of the day, you have to watch it and make up your own mind. After all, you managed to uncharted, a movie I refuse to watch.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 31st, 2022, 7:14 pm

I haven't voiced any opinion about this whatsoever! I was just asking what you guys thought.

If you guys offer some glowing reviews I might check it out at some point.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » May 31st, 2022, 7:33 pm

VGC-I would check it out, I would love to hear your opinion on it.

As for me, I don't think it sucks but it is not great either.

I don't want to spoil it for you but let's just say that there is a major event that occurs in episode 2 that will leave you thinking "hmmmm...how come I never heard about that in any of the SW films?"

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 1st, 2022, 6:59 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I haven't voiced any opinion about this whatsoever! I was just asking what you guys thought.

If you guys offer some glowing reviews I might check it out at some point.

I praise thee oh God of Video games, Dave. though I want to say, the title of the top says OWK sux with only the question mark to suggest you might not have seen it, or viewing it in a negative light. If it had .. Do you think as a prefix, we would all be discussing whether it did or did not.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/01/obi-wan-kenobi-episode-three-recap-vader-delivers-some-serious-trash-talk
This English paper likes it.
I will wait until the whole thing is on disney plus then watch it.

Return to “Other Media”