Favorite Team of All Time (Individual)

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
jon

Favorite Team of All Time (Individual)

Postby jon » June 9th, 2022, 12:50 pm

I always reminisce about the 1991 Miami Hurricanes national Championship team. I went to almost every home game that year. I watch a lot of the games on YouTube sometimes.

Stalvern

Re: Favorite Team of All Time (Individual)

Postby Stalvern » June 9th, 2022, 4:05 pm

'99 Rams.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 9th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Not to brag but my 2021 national champion Georgia Bulldogs. The whole team, but I think we had the best college defense ever! Only Alabama could penetrate it, and we beat them in the title game. Still enjoying it.

jon

Postby jon » June 9th, 2022, 9:58 pm

Stalvern wrote:'99 Rams.

Fun team to watch. The 2001 team was great too. One of my least favorite memories of all time was visiting a friend at their college in 2001 and hearing the Dolphins lost 42-10. And the 2000 Rams almost made a playoff run.

matmico399 wrote:Not to brag but my 2021 national champion Georgia Bulldogs. The whole team, but I think we had the best college defense ever! Only Alabama could penetrate it, and we beat them in the title game. Still enjoying it.

It's a great team. Glad they finally pulled through.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » June 9th, 2022, 10:21 pm

Fun topic!

I'm tempted to say the '85 Bears, but I was "bear-ly" alive (har har...) during their run. That's definitely my Dad's favorite team, no doubt. I still watch the tape he made of the 1986 Super Bowl on a regular basis.

(And it's hard to talk NFL lore and championship swagger without someone mentioning the Super Bowl Shuffle!)

As I don't really care for American Football, I'll instead nominate the team that made me a hockey fan - the 1991 Chicago Blackhawks. Jeremy Roenick. Chris Chelios. Ed Belfour in net - along with Dominik Hasek. Had a Hell of a team that year that made it all the way to the Stanely Cup Finals before getting swept by the Penguins. But hey, they beat the Oilers on the way there, so all wasn't lost.

Made me love the Blackhawks. Made me hate the Penguins. Both hold true to this day.

I think the 2012 Blackhawks were probably the best 'Hawks team I've seen, and that 2013 Stanley Cup Finals win over the Bruins is the best finals in recent memory, hands down. Might be the last time we ever see two "Original Six" teams play each other for the cup, the way the divisions are currently aligned.

(Now, if only I could find a non-racist team to cheer for...)

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » June 10th, 2022, 12:33 am

2012-13 Miami Heat. 66-16 record including a 27 game win streak, and that finals against San Antonio down 5 with 28 seconds to go in game 6, facing elimination. Bosh with the rebound, kicks it out to Allen for the game tying 3 pointer with 5 seconds left. Then win it in overtime and win the title in game 7. Still one of the most incredible basketball games I've ever seen. Loved that team.

icepeople

Postby icepeople » June 10th, 2022, 2:01 am

1997 Denver Broncos (Elway's first Super Bowl win).

When people talk about the best Super Bowls they frequently seem to refer to games with great endings, but often were unremarkable for the first three quarters or so. SBXXXII stands out to me because it had 60 minutes of drama, momentum swings, huge plays/moments and the score was close throughout.

DocHix

Postby DocHix » June 10th, 2022, 11:13 am

The 1995 Indianapolis Colts. Jim Harbaugh's "Captain Comeback" year leading a gutsy, underdog team that was one dropped Hail Mary away from beating the Steelers at Three Rivers and going to the Super Bowl. The entire 1995 AFC Championship Game is available on Youtube...watch it if you've never seen it!

Breaker

Postby Breaker » June 10th, 2022, 11:25 am

As I mentioned in another thread, mine has to be the 1987 Minnesota Twins. I was 8 years old, and I really "became" a baseball fan because of that season. They weren't the best team, but they were a great collection of hardworking dudes, and everything clicked for them that season. Kent Hrbek's grand slam in game 6 of the World Series still echoes in my mind pretty regularly.

I when I was 12 the Twins won the World Series again. I thought I should expect them to win a World Series about every five years... and 31 years later I'm still waiting for #3!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » June 10th, 2022, 11:57 am

Took me some time to ponder it, but it would have to go with the 2018 Los Angeles Chargers, they were so close to getting into the Superbowl since 1994, when they were called the San Diego Chargers. Phillip Rivers was the quarterback in his penultimate season. I do think Justin Herbert is a good replacement for Rivers, got an excellent throw.

Return to “Other Media”