Jurassic World Dominion

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
travistouchdown

Re: Jurassic World Dominion

Postby travistouchdown » July 22nd, 2022, 1:45 pm

I will say it was nice to see Sam Neill and Laura Dern again. A few nice references to the first film here and there (the orignal overturned Ford explorer, the shaving cream can, etc.)

It was also amazing to see Tim Cook the CEO of Apple make his acting debut as the villain. Very believable!

Another thing that makes no sense, the daughter after four years in the wilderness with Chris Pratt and partner, has an even stronger British accent than she did in the first movie? 200 million budget and they couldn't hire voice acting coaches?

My wife after the movie (and she likes crap movies, rom coms with 19% on rotten tomatoes) goes "that wasn't good" lol.

Oh well...summer popcorn flick i will never watch again.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 22nd, 2022, 9:06 pm

Yeah I was thinking "this isn't good" about an hour in!

With a big budget and the original cast, they really had to work hard to screw this one up!

Truthfulpietro

Postby Truthfulpietro » August 23rd, 2022, 7:12 pm

Having watched this film, I will say, imo, it’s better than fallen kingdom, but that’s not saying much. I think the film had such a big buildup, dinosaurs in the modern world and yet the main plot was about locusts destroying crops to remove the competition in the agriculture industry? The worst part is not the WOKE thing people seem to scream about, it’s that every protagonist is slapped with “Plot Armour”. I mean all those scenes where someone could die and nobody does? Ridiculous.

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » August 23rd, 2022, 7:59 pm

Your filmmakers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

...that's all I have to say about this movie.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 23rd, 2022, 8:34 pm

And get this - the Jurassic Park Dominion Blu Ray is an "extended cut". Apparently a 2.5 hour film (that felt like 4) wasn't long enough.

In the future there will be no editors. Movies will consist of every scene the director shot, period.

Return to “Other Media”