Top Gun Maverick

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Top Gun Maverick

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 30th, 2022, 8:40 pm

Finally got around to seeing this and I was not disappointed.

At first, it seemed like it was going overboard to be 80's-themed. But then I started warming up to it. This film is surprisingly heartfelt and funny! The final third of the film is scene after scene of edge-of-your-seat excitement.

Best of all, no politics or social commentary. Just a feel-good action flick like from the 80s. Hollywood needs to start making more movies like this.

PS: The previews really sucked. I think the only film that looked good was the next Mission Impossible.

travistouchdown

Re: Top Gun Maverick

Postby travistouchdown » August 9th, 2022, 1:53 pm

Yep. Big fan, you really can't go wrong with this one.

It's not as "fun" as the original 80's movie, more serious and sentimental, but that just seems to be movies these days.

To me they could have gone MORE 80's nostalgia vibe with it and i would have been happy still, but still a great movie either way and will be picking up the disc for sure when it's released.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Top Gun Maverick

Postby BlasteroidAli » January 1st, 2023, 8:26 pm

Movie of the year. It was released on Paramount plus. So I took advantage of the fact and watched 3 times. I liked it the first time but the second time it really was simply awesome. That is why I watched it 3 times.

Return to “Other Media”