Resident Evil TV series Netflix.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Resident Evil TV series Netflix.

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 16th, 2022, 6:10 pm

There is a new TV series, just came out on Netflix. It is sort of cannon to the PWS Anderson movies and not the first 6 games. I really enjoyed it. Has anyone else watched it?
Albert Wesker has changed quite a bit since the video game came out!!

Shapur

Re: Resident Evil TV series Netflix.

Postby Shapur » July 16th, 2022, 7:47 pm

Didn’t see it but I love Resident Evil.

Should I see it? What’s your take on it?

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 16th, 2022, 8:09 pm

Well, I looked on IMDB and it is universally hated. The story features the 2, fourteen-year-old daughters of Albert Wesker. It is PCd to the hilt. The story starts well in London. Then goes further afield. It is very gory in parts. Though the problem I had with it, is that it goes off at a tangent and only features one of the characters from Resident Evil. It is a sort of Resi Evil pitched at teens but it is a bit violent for them.
I liked it but I can see why other people did not. As it has odd enemies that do not feature in the game or the movies.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » August 6th, 2022, 10:49 pm

Kind of like the Paul Andersen films it just doesn’t feel like Resident Evil. It’s kind of what I’d expect from Netflix if that help. Netflixed, kind of like amazoned. We all know what that means and whether it’ll be palatable to us.

I honestly don’t really know why they license the name in either of these cases. There’s so little really in common they could use their own name and own a franchise without paying Capcom a $1. Not the worst show on there and if your just craving some zombie fun with a side of teen drama why not.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 31st, 2022, 3:23 pm

The series has been canceled according to IGN. Oh well, that did not last long.

Return to “Other Media”