Pirates of the Caribbean Movies

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Pirates of the Caribbean Movies

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 17th, 2022, 10:24 am

I've always been a fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I took a few trips to the Caribbean in the early 2000's which gave me knowledge and appreciation of pirate lore. I like to watch them around this time of year. I would rate them (best to worst) as 1, 2, 4, 5, 3.

One thing I noticed however is how freaking LONG these this are. All are at least 2:15, and the worst movie (3rd) clocks in at 2:48! Having seen all of them multiple times, I can attest they should NOT be that long. Heck, I could pick out scenes in the movies that could have been axed altogether with no detrimental effects.

I know a lot of people want Depp back for the sixth one, but I think that character has pretty much run its course. I think they need to resume it with a new set of characters, maybe with some overlap to hold it all together. I know they were playing with the idea of a crew of female pirates, which I would not be against as long as they were hot.

Thoughts? How do you feel about these films?

Zack Burner

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Movies

Postby Zack Burner » July 17th, 2022, 10:53 am

I agree 100% with the Critic. I have always loved the 1st one, but afterwards they just decline in quality and while Depp is the lifeblood of the franchise, I think they overdue his screentime compared to Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly. Geoffrey Rush certainly has a ball playing Barbossa. I have actually been to a pirate museum in Nassau Bahamas and should you go there there's one exhibit that actually shows Captain Jack stranded, plus an encounter with Blackbeard.

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » July 18th, 2022, 4:59 pm

I have been meaning to give this franchise another watch through! Trying to talk the wife into it ASAP.

Have tried once or twice but she says they are too "dark" for her. What!?! I'll get her there sooner or later..

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 20th, 2022, 9:32 pm

A movie based on a disney ride. How good could it be? Surprisingly it was great. Though after the first one it started to wear a bit thin. I am not sure how many of them I have watched but it is enough. No more please. Though they could be really bad like the last two jursnoreic park movies. Dominion was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

Return to “Other Media”