Nope

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Nope

Postby Zack Burner » July 23rd, 2022, 8:28 pm

Just saw this movie today with a good friend of mine since the day was pretty hot (99 degrees!), and with some concessions. Think of it as "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" meets "Signs" only this time you don't see the invaders just the ship. A nice intriguing premise of a small Western town haunted and terrorized by a cunning alien spacecraft that can shape-shift and suck up people. Creepy without being overly gory, a lot of suspense and ingenuity especially when the protagonists try to figure out how to defeat it (I won't reveal it here). Starring Steven Yuen (of Walking Dead fame), Keith David, and featuring Daniel Kaluuya a regular of Jordan Peele's works.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Nope

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 23rd, 2022, 9:49 pm

After the hack butchered Candyman, I will never watch another movie he is involved with.

Voor

Postby Voor » July 24th, 2022, 10:34 am

Never understood this mentality. All actors and directors have an occasional stinker.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 24th, 2022, 6:48 pm

Voor wrote:Never understood this mentality. All actors and directors have an occasional stinker.

Its not the only movie I have watched by him and all of them have been alien to me. He is a one trick pony. Once you have seen the trick you know what his movies are going to be like.

Voor

Postby Voor » July 26th, 2022, 3:11 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:
Voor wrote:Never understood this mentality. All actors and directors have an occasional stinker.

Its not the only movie I have watched by him and all of them have been alien to me. He is a one trick pony. Once you have seen the trick you know what his movies are going to be like.

I think most directors are like that—just depends how much you enjoy the trick. Lol. Same can be said for M Night Shamalayan

Return to “Other Media”