Your favorite Horror VHS Cover Art

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Zack Burner

Your favorite Horror VHS Cover Art

Postby Zack Burner » August 15th, 2022, 5:16 pm

Remember the old days of VHS? When you could go to your local supermarket or Blockbuster and pick up a movie of your choice of which there were hundreds? Well with Halloween happening in a couple of months I decided to devote this discussion to the cover art of your favorite horror movies. I'll start even give an example of a few:

Evil Dead 2 - that image of a cheeky skull with human eyes both freaked me out and amused me at the same time.

Halloween (1978) - the knife blending in with the pumpkin always stuck with me through time.

The Stuff - The freaky image of a group of people melting into the treat always fascinated me throughout my life as the treat comes out of the fridge. It's much more effective than the solo image of the stuff coming out of a man's eyes and mouth, or the one where the stuff is regurgitated out of someone's mouth.
The Stuff vhs cover.jpeg
The Stuff vhs cover.jpeg (77.66 KiB) Viewed 243 times

The Monster Squad - As the forebearer to Stranger Things the image of a group of badass kids perched on the hood of a car with the monsters looking on was just totally rad.
The Monser Squad VHS cover art.jpeg
The Monser Squad VHS cover art.jpeg (105.29 KiB) Viewed 243 times

Jack Frost (1997) - The coolest thing about this tape was the hologram, from a nice snowman to a creepy skull face with needle teeth, and eyes in the sockets, yet ironically it's even more frightening on the rear with the eyes and teeth blending into the forest backdrop just above the summary text!
Jack Frost Vhs art.jpeg
Jack Frost Vhs art.jpeg (103 KiB) Viewed 243 times

matmico399

Re: Your favorite Horror VHS Cover Art

Postby matmico399 » August 15th, 2022, 8:01 pm

Two of the creepiest covers I have seen are The Incubus and It's Alive.

Return to “Other Media”