Roger Federer Retires

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Roger Federer Retires

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 15th, 2022, 6:24 pm

I'm kind of sad to see this, as I've been a big fan for the last two decades or so. Still, it shouldn't come as a total surprise. If you saw that speeder Alcarez run around the count in the US Open, it's clear there's no way a 41 year old could keep up.

jon

Re: Roger Federer Retires

Postby jon » September 16th, 2022, 12:09 pm

I had wanted Federer to have a great sendoff. Maybe something like playing in Wimbledon and the U.S. Open and maybe win a couple matches so his fans can give him a long, emotional standing ovation. I'll overlook that he got bageled his last set as a pro. But weren't things already in serious question as far as major count after choking at Wimbledon against Djokovic. People said it then and now. If Federer holds on his serve with 2 Championship points up 40-15 then that WImbledon get swapped to Federer. Now Federer is 1 back of Djokovic and will never catch him.

jon

Re: Roger Federer Retires

Postby jon » September 23rd, 2022, 9:05 pm

Federer just played his last match. He was teamed with Nadal in a doubles match at the Laver Cup. They lost, but there was an emotional speech from Federer afterwards that had everyone captivated. I always envisioned a sendoff like this. Well done! Even Nadal got emotional.

Return to “Other Media”