Recent TV series you saw.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
BlasteroidAli

Recent TV series you saw.

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 23rd, 2022, 10:07 pm

Given that I watch quite a lot of them. Thought I might start this threat, to save contaminating the wonderful movie thread.
I am watching She hulk on Disney plus. Wow, just when I thought Disney could not fall any further out comes this. I am assuming it was made for Children.

Also on Prime. Rings of Power. What do a billion dollars buy you? It is a prequel to Lord of the Rings but here is the thing. Tolkien did not write it, it was based on characters talked about in the Simarillion. I really want to like it. It reminds me a lot of Krull. Such a great idea but the movie, it just never gets going. I am up to ep5 waiting for something to happen. It really wants the gravitas of Game of Thrones or the movies of LOTR but lacks something.

Zack Burner

Re: Recent TV series you saw.

Postby Zack Burner » September 23rd, 2022, 10:31 pm

There's only 2 I recently seen:

The Good Doctor: my favorite drama series, Freddie Highmore deserves an award for his performances and the scenarios are sure gripping.

Legends of the Hidden Temple (reboot): this one's over after 13 episodes but you can find it on the CW website, there are a few victories here and there, but as a bonus, Kirk Fogg makes a few cameos, and even cooler, in one episode, the Blue Barracudas are composed of past contestants!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 21st, 2022, 7:43 pm

The Falcon and the Winter soldier. 2 episodes in and it is kind of good fun so far. More to follow if it is good.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 21st, 2022, 9:38 pm

I've been told I should watch The Watcher on Netflix. Good Halloween fun?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » October 22nd, 2022, 3:52 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:I am watching She hulk on Disney plus. Wow, just when I thought Disney could not fall any further out comes this. I am assuming it was made for Children.

She-Hulk absolutely astounded me as to how bad it was. Like, nothing happens. I don’t know why they even gave her the Hulk moniker, the series could’ve just easily had her with the superpower 20/15 vision. And Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it an 87% fresh rating, which confirms that Rotten Tomatoes will like almost anything.

My wife and I have been watching Andor and Ring of Power. I like Ring of Power, Andor is not bad.

DialSforSam

Postby DialSforSam » October 22nd, 2022, 7:11 pm

I'm not one for TV dramas, but I have been catching up on Yellowstone. Started during the summer, and I'm about halfway through Season 3, although I should've been done sometime ago.

Also, Resident Alien is a pretty decent show as well.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » October 23rd, 2022, 11:04 am

Finished up Better Call Saul.

I feel like the break from Covid really hurt the feel of the show. Often times shows final seasons aren't as good as the rest, and this is the case. I still found it to be alright though and the end of it made sense and worked out. I've seen shows (like Preacher for example) that the quality of the last season is so bad that I don't want to watch the show again. The last season here isn't that kind of quality decline, but if I gave seasons 1-5 an A, (which it deserves) season 6 gets a C.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » November 18th, 2022, 9:56 pm

I did make it through She-Hulk.

It’s astonishingly bad on almost every level. So bad it’s like a train wreck, so I did want to see what they’d screw up next. That makes it the first Disney+ Marvel series I actually finished.

Finally got around to watching Upload season 2. I wouldn’t call it great, and it’s even a step down from season 1 l, but the characters are likable and the show generally good natured enough for me to find some enjoyment.

DialSforSam

Postby DialSforSam » November 19th, 2022, 8:50 am

Finished up season 3 of Yellowstone the other evening, and started up with Young Rock.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » November 24th, 2022, 5:07 pm

I recently started Silicon Valley on HBOMAX and I'm almost done with it now. The show is structured like a cliffhanger where it always looks like Pied Piper is about to fail and then they're saved somehow. The formula does get repetitive but it's funny enough to hold my interest. It helps that I'm a Mike Judge fan to begin with.

Return to “Other Media”