The Last of Us 2 (PS4)

The readers post their own reviews.
Billydeethrilliamsss

Re: The Last of Us 2 (PS4)

Postby Billydeethrilliamsss » January 23rd, 2023, 7:31 pm

Can anyone who's played this tell me if you can skip the cutscenes? I think the actual gameplay looks good but I have no interest in its story, and especially if I'm forced to watch the story (God of War Ragnarok... hell even Ghosts of Tsushima did that and that game could've been good).

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » January 23rd, 2023, 9:38 pm

Billydeethrilliamsss wrote:Can anyone who's played this tell me if you can skip the cutscenes? I think the actual gameplay looks good but I have no interest in its story, and especially if I'm forced to watch the story (God of War Ragnarok... hell even Ghosts of Tsushima did that and that game could've been good).

It's a Naughty Dog game. Non-playable cutscenes are skippable, but be prepared for glorified cutscenes that are scripted walking segments or heavily scripted story segments that add nothing to gameplay. That's pretty much why I won't replay this game, which is sad because this is the most open-ended ND game in years and these get in the way.

Billydeethrilliamsss

Postby Billydeethrilliamsss » January 24th, 2023, 12:01 am

Crummylion- Good point. Yeah that's so many these days. Getting in the way of their own game. Are we going to come full circle and instead of difficulty modes we'll have a literal story mode comprised of cutscenes and a gameplay mode for those that want to actually play the game they paid for?

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » January 24th, 2023, 6:30 am

Crummylion wrote:
Billydeethrilliamsss wrote:Can anyone who's played this tell me if you can skip the cutscenes? I think the actual gameplay looks good but I have no interest in its story, and especially if I'm forced to watch the story (God of War Ragnarok... hell even Ghosts of Tsushima did that and that game could've been good).

It's a Naughty Dog game. Non-playable cutscenes are skippable, but be prepared for glorified cutscenes that are scripted walking segments or heavily scripted story segments that add nothing to gameplay. That's pretty much why I won't replay this game, which is sad because this is the most open-ended ND game in years and these get in the way.

Sounds like Metal Gear Solid.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » January 24th, 2023, 9:09 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:
Crummylion wrote:

Sounds like Metal Gear Solid.

Nah, MGS actually lets you skip cutscenes and scripted gameplay scenarios are either brief or give you full control of the game. Guns of the Patriot and The Panthom Pain fit the bill though. Although V actually had the decency to let you skip the jeep ride with Skull Face.

Return to “Reader Reviews”