Rad Racer 2 (NES)

The readers post their own reviews.
MaverickMoPete

Re: Rad Racer 2 (NES)

Postby MaverickMoPete » December 17th, 2023, 8:48 am

ActRaiser wrote:What I can't fathom is how someone could criticize it for the lack of multiplayer. What other 8-bit racing games supported multiplayer? Weird.

RC Pro-Am 2, Off-Road, Race Across America, just to name a few.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » December 17th, 2023, 9:56 am

MaverickMoPete wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:What I can't fathom is how someone could criticize it for the lack of multiplayer. What other 8-bit racing games supported multiplayer? Weird.

And top down racers that have multiplayer such as the awesome Micro Machines and Super Sprint.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 17th, 2023, 7:57 pm

mbd36 wrote:
MaverickMoPete wrote:

And top down racers that have multiplayer such as the awesome Micro Machines and Super Sprint.

Weren't all of those top down racers though? I wasn't familiar with other racing games that supported split screen.

Heck, the only splitscreen games I can think of are Ballblazer and Spy vs Spy. I'm sure there are more but it can't be very many on the NES. I could be wrong though.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 17th, 2023, 10:57 pm

It doesn't matter because ChatGPT doesn't know what Rad Racer 2 is and just cobbles together random crap associated with related keywords like "NES", "racing", "review", etc. Pointless to interrogate.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » December 18th, 2023, 9:13 am

ActRaiser wrote:
mbd36 wrote:
MaverickMoPete wrote:

Weren't all of those top down racers though? I wasn't familiar with other racing games that supported split screen.

Heck, the only splitscreen games I can think of are Ballblazer and Spy vs Spy. I'm sure there are more but it can't be very many on the NES. I could be wrong though.

Race Across America is Pole Position style. RC Pro-Am 2 and Off-Road are isometric.

MaverickMoPete

Postby MaverickMoPete » April 30th, 2024, 9:52 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:This looks familiar! It was submitted via email a few months back. I think it's pretty great - written in that short, concise VGC style. I also have a Rad Racer 2 review in progress, but it needs more work. I don't want to be upstaged!

And now you’ve done your own review, and it seems there are a few things we disagree on.

Return to “Reader Reviews”