Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)

The readers post their own reviews.
bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » August 15th, 2006, 2:18 pm

SSX if you bothered to read my post you would see that I said that was the opinion of others.  Personally I love slow parts of movies, hell I sat through that the whole of the original Russian Solaris for heaven's sake. Alien is one of my favourite films and I prefer it to Aliens too.

I prefered The Village to Sixth Sense because there was a lot more drama and characterisation to it.  The relationships between the villagers and the way they had tried to shield their families from the horrors of the real world was really touching.  It also provoked philosophical questions unlike Sixth Sense which was a much more basic, scare type movie.  The boy's acting in Sixth Sense was good but the cast in The Village was just outstanding.  You can say I have terrible taste all you want but in my opinion you have terrible taste.  I think The Village had a more intelligent plot, better written characters and thought the twists were harder to see coming than in Sixth Sense.  And the less said about my opinion of your likes and dislikes SSX the better.  I'm not trying to be horrible but to me you seem to act like every other 16 year old "alternative" who likes the right movies and moans about the mainstream.  I went through that whole anti-mainstream phase myself before I grew up.  Just wanted to say that since you have so authoritatively stated I have terrible taste.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » August 15th, 2006, 3:37 pm

This has nothing to do with not liking mainstream movies I thought all of Ms movies have been awful.  If I was anti mainsteam I wouldn't go to every super hero movie that comes out.  And since when are movies like alien not mainstream any way?

a1

Postby a1 » August 15th, 2006, 7:08 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

I prefered The Village to Sixth Sense because there was a lot more drama and characterisation to it.  The relationships between the villagers and the way they had tried to shield their families from the horrors of the real world was really touching.  It also provoked philosophical questions unlike Sixth Sense which was a much more basic, scare type movie.  The boy's acting in Sixth Sense was good but the cast in The Village was just outstanding.  You can say I have terrible taste all you want but in my opinion you have terrible taste.  I think The Village had a more intelligent plot, better written characters and thought the twists were harder to see coming than in Sixth Sense.  And the less said about my opinion of your likes and dislikes SSX the better.  I'm not trying to be horrible but to me you seem to act like every other 16 year old "alternative" who likes the right movies and moans about the mainstream.  I went through that whole anti-mainstream phase myself before I grew up.  Just wanted to say that since you have so authoritatively stated I have terrible taste.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, the Village wasn't mainstream, no one liked it. Second, I have to say I find it rather hard to respect movie opinions from someone who claims Resident Evil was good. I have nothing against you because of it, but you have horrible taste in movies. 

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » August 16th, 2006, 10:41 pm

It doesn't really matter what kind of movies he likes since it has no impact on this particular topic.  You can't compare movies to videogames period. 

bluemonkey, I respect your opinions and I didn't want to come across as a jerk in previous posts.  I was simply trying to point out that not all games need to be completed to be enjoyed or even reviewed.  The critic does tolerate criticism about his reviews, and he usually will respond to it (you have to admit he is the only site on the net that will change a review). 

The critic doesn't seem to let hype or pretty much anything get in the way of his "telling it like it is" reviews.  You have to know that this isn't your typical gaming site when Gauntlet Seven Sorrows gets a higher grade than Perfect Dark Zero.  Yet thats what I enjoy about this site.  The Critic gives real reviews that I find to be more truthful than anything I read on gamespot.

Superjay

Postby Superjay » August 16th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Yeah.... uhhhh so ... it looks like perfect dark ..is pretty popular with all these posts... yeah... So I think Johanna Dark is hot... whoose with me.

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » August 16th, 2006, 11:26 pm

I thought this was to talk about my review. Not about video game debates people, but please, how about some comments about my review?

Anayo1

Postby Anayo1 » August 17th, 2006, 10:42 pm

Well, if I'm to say something about your review, I think if anything I'd have to disagree with your evaluation of the game's fun factor, I played the demo at my XBOX 360-owning cousin's house and I found the whole shootout/bang-bang effect to be pretty fun. The graphics weren't "great" - they had a lot of shiny surfaces and such, but nothing that made me want to sell my Gamecube and get a 360. Then again, I didn't play it that long, but I still think you were a little cynical. Maybe you might try writing a more detailed review.

Armagod

Postby Armagod » October 30th, 2006, 5:26 pm

This is ridiculous; remember that all game reviews are the sole opinion of the reviewer. They are to be taken as informative insights into the game in question. Personally I prefer the VGC’s rather blunt, but truthful reviews.

a1

Postby a1 » October 30th, 2006, 6:44 pm

That's not true. Are you trying to say that games can't have universally poor qualities? Bad camera and controls are just a couple things I can think of that no one can consider good.

Return to “Reader Reviews”