Resident Evil 4 - (PS2) - A+

The readers post their own reviews.
ptdebate

Re: Resident Evil 4 - (PS2) - A+

Postby ptdebate » September 19th, 2015, 11:00 pm

SigSauerLover wrote:I'd still rather play this game rather than a broken dated mess like the past 3 games.

I understand your points about the Gamecube version--sorry, just hadn't had time to reply yet.

If you like RE4 but disliked 5 and 6, I recommend trying The Evil Within. It's very much a game made for people who loved RE4 but were dissatisfied with the direction the franchise took after that. It's not perfect but I daresay it is a return to form for RE-style action horror. It's also very hard, which I like.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » September 20th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Sorry, when I said past 3 games, I meant the previous 3 games before this game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 20th, 2015, 1:22 pm

SigSauerLover wrote:I'd still rather play this game rather than a broken dated mess like the past 3 games.

Well there is that. If we are talking about racoon city squad, 5 and 6. Revelations was pretty good.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 20th, 2015, 5:20 pm

SigSauerLover wrote:Sorry, when I said past 3 games, I meant the previous 3 games before this game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3.

Have you played the Resident Evil remake? It's really quite excellent. I never played the original version, 2, or 3 though so I can't comment on them.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » September 22nd, 2015, 1:05 pm

I will play the remake when I can. But the first 3 games I hate. I hated them when they were new. Those controls may work in say, Grim Fandango, but not a game where you have to shoot at things......

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » September 23rd, 2015, 7:42 am

I have avoided the remake due to it fetching a $30+ pricetag in the recent past, but it looks like it has come down quite a bit. Did a ebay search yesterday and found quite a few complete for under $20. will need to pick this up for sure now.

Oddly, however, RE 2 & 3 for the gamecube are upwards of $40+ a piece. Are they any better/different than the PS1 versions?

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » September 23rd, 2015, 12:12 pm

I'll have to dig up RE2 on the GameCube after hitting the range. I believe the visuals are the same, but there's a gameplay mode where the puzzles are mixed up. Not what I'd call a worthy investment. Then again, GameCube games are always more expensive than games on other systems.

Tron

Postby Tron » September 23rd, 2015, 10:13 pm

Got through the 1st two playthroughs no problem. 1st time on professional, however, Krauser kept kicking my assets in our second meeting. I finally got him, but it took a few times. I don't know if it's the GameCube controls or poor reflexes on my part, but I struggled hitting the L & R buttons together when prompted. It was easier hitting the A & B buttons. Maybe the way those buttons click made my inputs slower. Anyhow my favorite weapon is the Minedart launcher. I just wish ammo was more plentiful. I also realized that you don't need the scope for the rifle. Even on long distance shots you can zoom in well enough without the scope. The scope helps a little, but really you don't need it. My least favorite gun is the TMP. It's weak, burns ammo & leaves me feeling uninspired.

SigSauerLover

Postby SigSauerLover » September 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm

The TMP isn't half bad if fully upgraded. But it does eat up ammo, so you might as well use any other pistol. The mine dart launcher IS bad ass, but sadly, ammo is so uncommon. Same with Magnum handguns. A lot of people don't realize that you can literally get a broken butterfly for free. Though I've never heard of the caliber it mentions, ".45 Magnum". I'm guessing they're referring to the .45 NAACO. But yes, the Gamecube version sometimes has unresponsive controls. Krauser is a pain the in the ass anyway.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » September 24th, 2015, 6:18 pm

SigSauerLover wrote:The TMP isn't half bad if fully upgraded. But it does eat up ammo, so you might as well use any other pistol. The mine dart launcher IS bad ass, but sadly, ammo is so uncommon. Same with Magnum handguns. A lot of people don't realize that you can literally get a broken butterfly for free. Though I've never heard of the caliber it mentions, ".45 Magnum". I'm guessing they're referring to the .45 NAACO. But yes, the Gamecube version sometimes has unresponsive controls. Krauser is a pain the in the ass anyway.

Doesnt Winchester make the .45 Magnum rounf? Though I do believe it is the same size as the NAACO

Return to “Reader Reviews”