Quick reviews of my Switch collection

The readers post their own reviews.
BanjoPickles

Quick reviews of my Switch collection

Postby BanjoPickles » November 7th, 2018, 12:20 am

I’ve been meaning to post reviews of my Switch collection for some time now, but I kept putting it off. Instead of writing a lengthy review of one game, I’ll review all of them with a sentence or two apiece. Enjoy:

1). Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Reminds me of Zelda 1. Absolute freedom, with a zen-like quality that comes from exploding. A+

2). Super Mario Odyssey

Everything I loved about Mario 64, and Galaxy, but expanded beyond my expectations. Astonishingly fun! A+

3). Hollow Knight

Forget Bloodstained! This is the Metroidvania that I have been waiting years for! Beautiful, with a Souls-like aesthetic. A

4). South Park: Stick of Truth/Fractured But Whole.

Both games are hilarious, brilliantly written, but also a heck of a lot of fun to play. Not for the easily offended. B+ for both

5). Doom

It’s amazing that Panic Button managed to squeeze an entire PS4/XBONE game onto. Tiny Switch cartridge! Insanely fun, very playable. B+

6). Dark Souls

One of my favorite games from the last generation, only in handheld form? Yes, please! Challenging, but intoxicating! A

7). Splatoon 2

I love the multiplayer. Single player, not so much. The fact that multiplayer is online only stings a bit, though. B

8).Punch Out

The arcade original. I was so excited to play this again, after thirty years, but it is incredibly unresponsive, unfairly difficult, and if simply isn’t very fun. Stick with the NES/SNES/Wii Games. D

9). Donkey Kong

Unlike Punch Out, DK holds up beautifully! It’s so awesome to finally have a home port of the arcade classic! B

10). Skyrim

Ambitious, beautiful, and the music is terrific! Why didn’t I have fun playing it? C

11). Fortnite

I’m sorry, but this game sucks! I was never sure of who was, or wasn’t, on my side and the building mechanics were annoying. It’s also a pretty ugly game. F

12). Rocket League

Fun, but I could never quite get the hang of it. B-

13). Strikers 1945

Classsic schmup! Insanely fun! A-

14). Gunbarich

A combination of schmup, Breakout, and classic pinball! Tough as nails, but a lot of fun, and the price is right! A-

15). Double Dragon

Worth the price for the nostalgia, but that’s about it. It has not held up. C-

16). Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

The Castlevania 3 sequel that never was. Fun, well made, and authentic. It may end up being even better than Bloodstained itself. B

17). Bad Dudes

Meh. D+

Atariboy

Re: Quick reviews of my Switch collection

Postby Atariboy » November 11th, 2018, 3:57 am

BanjoPickles wrote:
17). Bad Dudes

Meh. D+

What do you think of the emulator itself?

I'm not too fond of there being a blur filter even when you select no filters. Flying Tiger Entertainment doesn't understand their audience with these classic Data East arcade games. Anyone that doubts me should see the blurry stretched 16:9 screenshots they send out with their review codes to media outlets like NintendoLife.

They just don't get it.

BanjoPickles wrote:1). Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Reminds me of Zelda 1. Absolute freedom, with a zen-like quality that comes from exploding. A+

I never really thought sitting there and exploding bombs under Link over and over again was fun, but if it floats your boat.

:)

Return to “Reader Reviews”