Aliens (Arcade)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Aliens (Arcade)

Postby Zack Burner » September 3rd, 2019, 8:16 pm

Time for another Arcade review! This is an early Konami title back in 1990, a run n gun genre. Players can play as Lt. Ellen Ripley or Cpl. Dwayne Hicks (Why they gave Ripley blonde hair I don't know). This faithfully follows the 1986 movie including rescuing Newt herself, and the final battle against the Alien Queen. There are a wide range of Aliens in this game, from usual fare from the movies such as eggs, facehuggers, chestbursters, and warriors, but the bosses are all creative from long necked, pod throwing, electrical, ball rolling, plus some original aliens to add variety ranging from liquid aliens that sink into the floor, blobs, spiders, even zombies (some are just torsos, some fire guns, and some launch three chestbursters)! One of the most fun stages is where you drive a vehicle blasting aliens as you roll through. You even get two chances to use a power loader, especially against the queen like in the movie. The music is high Konami quality even capturing a creepy ambience. If there's one thing to fault it's not the repetitiveness, but it's a bit short (30 minutes of playing), and though the ending is the same, this is one you'll want to return to again and again.

Note: The reason I did this review is because coming soon, Michael Biehn (Dwayne Hicks) is coming a Comic Con around my county!

BlasteroidAli

Re: Aliens (Arcade)

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 18th, 2019, 8:35 am

Another fave game of mine. I was playing it the other day at my friends house. He had a console made in China that is a emulation box of mame games. So I got to play this for the first time in years. I still loved.

I was around to his house to play Alien and he kept putting on Aliens colonial marines and I was like the Konami game please.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 18th, 2019, 11:40 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Another fave game of mine. I was playing it the other day at my friends house. He had a console made in China that is a emulation box of mame games. So I got to play this for the first time in years. I still loved.

I was around to his house to play Alien and he kept putting on Aliens colonial marines and I was like the Konami game please.

Oh yes, nice to see people still prefer this version over Aliens Colonial Marines! Even Alien 3: The Gun trounces that game.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 18th, 2019, 3:14 pm

A modder on PC has made a lot of changes to it and it is not great but a lot better than the shockingly bad xbox version. It was so bad that they cancelled the Wii U version.

Return to “Reader Reviews”