XIII (XBOX)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

XIII (XBOX)

Postby Zack Burner » September 24th, 2019, 8:08 am

Time for an XBOX game review! This game is based off a famous French comic book, in fact the style of this game is drawn in comic book style including onomatopoeia whenever something happens. You are some amnesiac not unlike Jason Bourne with not only the authorities after you, but some criminal organization called the XX (20) that as you search is trying to establish a coup d'etat all over the world. The gameplay rocks hard with a wide range of weapons and the soundtrack really pulls you in. Another highlight is the voice acting from David Duchuvney (of X-files fame) playing the titular character, female pop artist Eve as Major Jones, and Adam West (the 60's Batman) as General Amos Carrington. The only negative is it ends on an anti-climactic note which left room for a sequel, but due to poor sales, that never happened.

Sonicx9

Re: XIII (XBOX)

Postby Sonicx9 » September 24th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Zack Burner wrote:Time for an XBOX game review! This game is based off a famous French comic book, in fact the style of this game is drawn in comic book style including onomatopoeia whenever something happens. You are some amnesiac not unlike Jason Bourne with not only the authorities after you, but some criminal organization called the XX (20) that as you search is trying to establish a coup d'etat all over the world. The gameplay rocks hard with a wide range of weapons and the soundtrack really pulls you in. Another highlight is the voice acting from David Duchuvney (of X-files fame) playing the titular character, female pop artist Eve as Major Jones, and Adam West (the 60's Batman) as General Amos Carrington. The only negative is it ends on an anti-climactic note which left room for a sequel, but due to poor sales, that never happened.

BTW, it getting a remaster from Microïds: https://www.microids.com/us/xiii-remake ... fps-works/ for everthing but Google Stadia and Atari VCS, :lol:!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 24th, 2019, 3:54 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
Zack Burner wrote:Time for an XBOX game review! This game is based off a famous French comic book, in fact the style of this game is drawn in comic book style including onomatopoeia whenever something happens. You are some amnesiac not unlike Jason Bourne with not only the authorities after you, but some criminal organization called the XX (20) that as you search is trying to establish a coup d'etat all over the world. The gameplay rocks hard with a wide range of weapons and the soundtrack really pulls you in. Another highlight is the voice acting from David Duchuvney (of X-files fame) playing the titular character, female pop artist Eve as Major Jones, and Adam West (the 60's Batman) as General Amos Carrington. The only negative is it ends on an anti-climactic note which left room for a sequel, but due to poor sales, that never happened.

BTW, it getting a remaster from Microïds: https://www.microids.com/us/xiii-remake ... fps-works/ for everthing but Google Stadia and Atari VCS, :lol:!

Hmmm, the trailer makes it look cool. Hope they do a similar good job as the game I just reviewed. Perhaps this one will be in volumes, or fully complete rather than end on an anticlimactic note like the previous one just in case sales aren't so good. I'm betting different actors, though I wouldn't mind having Duchovney back on board as the titular character

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 24th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Zack Burner wrote:
Hmmm, the trailer makes it look cool. Hope they do a similar good job as the game I just reviewed. Perhaps this one will be in volumes, or fully complete rather than end on an anticlimactic note like the previous one just in case sales aren't so good. I'm betting different actors, though I wouldn't mind having Duchovney back on board as the titular character

It a interesting time of having licensed game remasters/re-releases such as XIII, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, The Lion King and Aladdin, etc. What next? Could it be Cool Spot, who knows?

Return to “Reader Reviews”