Evil Night (Arcade)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Evil Night (Arcade)

Postby Zack Burner » October 2nd, 2019, 7:31 am

Up for some more zombie shooting? May I introduce and review a very rare one of a kind HOTD ripoff called Evil Night. The concept is simple, a girl who is a friend of 3 cops is captured by dark forces so they can rule the world, and now the three cops Henry Jones, Alicia Sevigny, and Joe Hamilton, must traverse a haunted castle and blast away ghouls and monsters of many kinds to get her. There is a catch though, you need to find some keys and books in order to get the best of 3 different endings which I won't reveal here, though I would say it would make the first HOTD endings look pathetic since these ones are more elaborate. There's an opportunity for up to 3 players to shoot. Players 1 and 3 use pistols while player 2 uses a shotgun. The pistol has a unique form of play called a power shot, where you point the gun upward until the meter reaches full and then you unleash a mighty shot. Only negative is you can only use one power shot per clip so don't use it when you're crowded as it takes time to build up. The shotgun is just like Zombie Raid and Carnevil in that you pump to reload. There are many branching paths especially in the prologue chapter (For best results I recommend take course B, though If you're new I recommend you try the other routes to get a hang of the game). The bosses are unique to it ranging from a giant snake, a leatherface look-alike complete with chainsaw, A mace zombie that chases you through a tunnel, a giant crocodile, and finally a warlock who then changes into a gargoyle. Like HOTD features bad writing and of course acting. If I were to complain about one thing it's the graphics, they're blocky and any gore effects are unconvincing. The only blood you'll see is whenever you're hit, and all it is is just three red lines. This one's very hard to find so if you do don't hesitate to pop in some quarters!

Return to “Reader Reviews”