Looney Tunes B-Ball (SNES)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Looney Tunes B-Ball (SNES)

Postby Zack Burner » October 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm

When you think of a basketball arcade game the first thing that comes to mind is NBA Jam. This game however blows NBA Jam out of the water in every way. Besides having colorful cartoon graphics, you get wonderful sounds and some voices, and 8 characters with strengths, weaknesses, and above all special abilities! That's right every character brings something special to the table. You get the characters of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Taz, Marvin the Marian, Elmer Fudd, Wile E Coyote, and Yosemite Sam. For example Bugs Bunny ("Ain't I a stinker?") can field goal kick the ball into the basket or turn into a female to make the opposing side drop the ball. Another is Elmer Fudd (eheheheheh!) who can skeet shoot the ball into the hoops or turn into his Viking outfit (From "What's Opera Doc?") and zap the player possessing the ball with lightning. You can also teleport or throw a cream pie! To do all this you need to acquire gems on the field and the amount you obtain will unlock the abilities. In the options mode you can determine how you want to play based on wackiness you want from straight serious, to anything goes, or a balance. If you're looking for the most fun Basketball game look for this one, you won't be sorry!

Luigi & Peach

Re: Looney Tunes B-Ball (SNES)

Postby Luigi & Peach » October 19th, 2019, 9:15 pm

While I agree that this was a very entertaining game (ESPECIALLY for a 16-bit Looney Tunes game) I don't think I can go so far as to claim it superior to NBA Jam. While I definitely enjoy a more arcade feel to any basketball game (the bulls vs. lakers vs. celtics vs. blazers etc. games of the 16-bit era were pretty dull imo), losing a game due to the wackiness factor could definitely get frustrating (maybe it's just because I lost so much due to this). Overall though, I would highly recommend to anyone to at least give this one a try.

Return to “Reader Reviews”