Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (XBOX360)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (XBOX360)

Postby Zack Burner » October 11th, 2019, 10:37 am

One more RTS console port to review! This one's based off the famous PC series waging a campy sci-fi style battle between three factions: Allies, Soviets, and Empire of the Rising Sun. Each group brings something special to the table in different units and powers. My favorites are the Allies (the good guys) and the Empire (with the coolest toys). The real highlight of this game is that it includes A-list actors from Jonathan Pryce (of Brazil and Pirates of the Caribbean fame), J.K. Simmons (J.Jonah Jameson from Spider-man), Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show, and one of the standouts), and the show stealer George Takei (Hikaru Sulu) in surrealistic cutscenes. The campy, cartoonish tone matches that of a G.I. Joe cartoon though sometimes goes a little over the edge, whereas my favorite in the series C&C 2 Yuri's revenge had camp and restraint and coolness. Overall this one is worth your time.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (XBOX360)

Postby BlasteroidAli » October 16th, 2019, 6:53 am

I have played it and can confirm, yep it is a great little fun RTS

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » October 19th, 2019, 9:18 pm

There's also an expansion called Uprising and among the new stars in this one are: Malcolm McDowell, famous for playing the derby topped teddy boy hooligan from A Clockwerk Orange and Ric Flair (Woo!) as a Commander. In fact here he is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDhtwacW8os

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » October 24th, 2019, 1:55 am

I thought this game was amazing. I actually laughed out loud at some of the cutscenes, I thought they were very well done and funny. Also, the game looks great & plays very well.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » October 24th, 2019, 7:24 am

CaptainCruch wrote:I thought this game was amazing. I actually laughed out loud at some of the cutscenes, I thought they were very well done and funny. Also, the game looks great & plays very well.

Which ones did you think were the funniest? Mine was where Yoshiro says "You are made of stupid" Another is "General Krukov would be disappointed if we failed, prove, him, wrong"

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » November 2nd, 2019, 1:21 pm

Zack Burner wrote:
CaptainCruch wrote:Which ones did you think were the funniest? Mine was where Yoshiro says "You are made of stupid" Another is "General Krukov would be disappointed if we failed, prove, him, wrong"

Well, I played it quite a while ago, so I cannot exactly remember. I liked all the scenes in which the girls were flirting with the 'commander'. Also J.K. Simmons was very funny in the game, as I recall.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » November 2nd, 2019, 7:43 pm

Zack Burner wrote:Ric Flair (Woo!) as a Commander

The Nature Boy is the only reason I even played this game. Seriously. I love me some classic C&C, and all, but never gave much thought to the series after Tiberian Sun. Heard about the hokey cutscenes in this game, gave it a try, and was all the better for it.

A little stylin' and profilin' can go a long way, baby! WOOOOOOO!!

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » November 2nd, 2019, 8:55 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:
Zack Burner wrote:
CaptainCruch wrote:Which ones did you think were the funniest? Mine was where Yoshiro says "You are made of stupid" Another is "General Krukov would be disappointed if we failed, prove, him, wrong"

Well, I played it quite a while ago, so I cannot exactly remember. I liked all the scenes in which the girls were flirting with the 'commander'. Also J.K. Simmons was very funny in the game, as I recall.

Oh yeah I always loved J.K. Simmons quote, "What do you say Commander? Ready to sent those Commies running home to their mommies?"

Return to “Reader Reviews”