Star Fox 2 (SNES unreleased formerly)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Star Fox 2 (SNES unreleased formerly)

Postby Zack Burner » December 30th, 2019, 8:22 am

Time to review an unreleased game, well formerly unreleased, now available on the SNES classic. This game was originally slated for 1996 but got cancelled with the upcoming release of the N64, so looking at it now, how does it hold up? Well for one thing the polygon graphics don't hold up at all, though at least from my perspective it does have a bit of a charm to it. Another problem is the framerate, still problematic but I say it's slightly better than the first though only just. Now for the real meat and potatoes, unlike the first game which was an on-rails shooter, this one is more free-roaming, almost sandbox-like, so it would be safe to say that this game was a little ahead of its time. Also unlike the first game, you get to choose two characters who you want to play, some are all-around Fox and Falco, Some move slow charge slower but take more damage Peppy and Slippy, and two new characters both female Miyu a lynx and Faye a cocker spaniel who have high speed and charge lasers faster but can't sustain a lot of damage. Unlike the straightforward predecessor, this one is non-linear as you have to defend Corneria from Andross' forces who even launches IPBM (Inter-planetary ballistic missiles) at the planet. Corneria can only sustain a few hits before the planet is destroyed so you'll have to intercept them fast when you can. You'll also have to battle space stations and destroy missile depots on planets. You even get to battle the infamous rival team StarWolf! Once you're able to break through Andross' defenses and offenses you face him head on and he looks more intimidating that he was in the first game. So is this game better or worse than the original? I give it a B.

Return to “Reader Reviews”