Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

Postby Zack Burner » March 2nd, 2020, 8:47 am

Time for a rare Sega Genesis review! Based on a short lived comic series by Malibu which blends action and humor, this game is an adaptation of that comic. You get to choose between three different dinos: Archie the T-rex, Lorenzo the triceratops, and Reese the stegasaurus. All three play the same, no real character difference including weapons and special abilities like in Contra Hard Corps. You do get a close range attack though when enemies are close enough. Enemies are basic variety such as ninjas, robots, punks, and skeletons. There's not a lot of variety, plus the music and graphics are both mediocre at best. Overall, unless you're a fan of dinos, guns, and ninjas stay away and stick with a Contra game

Retro STrife

Re: Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

Postby Retro STrife » March 2nd, 2020, 5:16 pm

This one deserves a screenshot, so I posted the box art below. I had never heard of Dinosaurs for Hire until a couple years ago. I was wandering around a gaming convention and I came across the game for sale. The cover art looked so weird that I had to buy it, even though it's like $20 for a loose cartridge. In terms of gameplay it's nothing special - a very average Contra style game. But the "dinosaurs with guns" concept gives it a little intrigue that can make it worth a look for some people.

lynchie137

Re: Dinosaurs for Hire (Genesis)

Postby lynchie137 » March 13th, 2020, 9:32 pm

Never heard of either the game or the comic book series. When were both released?

Return to “Reader Reviews”