Seiken Densetsu 3 (Trials of Mana)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Trials of Mana)

Postby Zack Burner » March 20th, 2020, 9:34 am

After taking a hiatus due to preparing for a National Exam for a certification in medical coding (which got recently cancelled, but I'm not blaming anyone), I'm back for another review, based on actual gameplay from years ago, thanks to emulation. This game did get translated into English in recent years and improves upon Secret of Mana in every way. For a start, you get 6 characters to choose from right when you start the game, each with different styles and weapons, there's no right or wrong way of characters just don't lose sleep over it, this boosts replayability plus a little later class changes for your characters. To top it all off every 2 characters have a certain final boss that's different from the others. The characters to choose from are Duran (one of my favorites) a swordsman, Rieze (2nd favorite) a spearwoman, Kevin (3rd favorite) a beastman with martial arts, Kevin a thief, Angela a mage, and Charlotte a priestess. Like its predecessor relies on action style combat as opposed to turn style options in Final Fantasy games, plus the ability to cast spells and some special attacks depending on what class your character(s) are, for example Duran starts off as a fighter with one single slash special, then as a knight a 3 cut strike and finally as a Paladin a blinding sword that attacks all foes on screen. The graphics are great and the music is just as excellent, so if you're an RPG fan, don;t miss this one!

Return to “Reader Reviews”