Cannon Fodder (SNES Europe)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Cannon Fodder (SNES Europe)

Postby Zack Burner » May 19th, 2020, 10:44 am

That's right I'm back only semi-retired instead of fully, I'll drop back every now and then rather than every day. In honor of upcoming Memorial Day, how about a war game? When you start up you'll hear a nice theme of "War has never been so much fun"
by Ross Drew, despite not having audible vocals, other versions such as Amiga has it plus some funny stock footage of mock training, which is missing here. Anyway the graphics are of cartoon variety with little splatters of blood here and there. Sometimes it's hard to make out where a soldier is in the background but that's what all the shooting is for! Gameplay is simple yet effective you use either a mouse or control pad to move a cursor to direct your soldiers and another to fire regular machine guns, pressing direct and shoot at the same time enables you to throw grenades or launch rockets (provided that you obtain the supplies. Soldiers whether own or enemy all die in one hit and are gone for good, though if any of yours survive they get ranked higher which enables them to shoot further. There are no passwords or save feature so emulators are your best friend for this game. There's no difficulty meter and when you can actually complete it, there's little incentive to play it again. Fun but in short bursts every now and then.

DrLitch

Re: Cannon Fodder (SNES Europe)

Postby DrLitch » June 7th, 2020, 12:02 am

I think this title was one of the few good games on the Atari Jaguar. It has been years, perhaps even 25 since I last played it. I remember it being somewhat novel at the time. I might have to give this one a whirl again.

Return to “Reader Reviews”