WWF Wrestlemania (NES)

The readers post their own reviews.
lynchie137

Re: WWF Wrestlemania (NES)

Postby lynchie137 » August 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm

Herschie wrote:My favorite wrestler ever, Ted DiBiase, is terrible in this game!

Yeah. He's probably one of the worst characters to play as. Either him or The Honky Tonk Man. Which is a real shame, really, that two of the most memorable heels from that era are so pitifully weak in this game. You may as well pretend that you're a classic 80's jobber like Barry Horowitz or Dale Wolfe, because basically you have as much as chance of winning a match in this game as they did back in the day. Which is to say that your chances are slim and none with slim having just left town...

Tron

Postby Tron » September 3rd, 2020, 8:53 pm

Ted Dibiase was great. Terrific skill and entertaining too. Honky Tonk was a good worker, but he appeared way too soft to me. He shoulda never been the intercontinental champ.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » September 9th, 2020, 3:50 am

Tron wrote:Ted Dibiase was great. Terrific skill and entertaining too. Honky Tonk was a good worker, but he appeared way too soft to me. He shoulda never been the intercontinental champ.

I have to agree. I liked Honky as well, but he always seemed to be more of a comedy act than a serious worker in the ring. Still, he was over enough with the fans for the WWF to give him a 14 month reign as the I-C champ. Which as far as I know, is still the longest Intercontinental title reign in WWF/WWE history. So he must have been doing something right...

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 9th, 2020, 5:20 am

lynchie137 wrote: Still, he was over enough with the fans for the WWF to give him a 14 month reign as the I-C champ. Which as far as I know, is still the longest Intercontinental title reign in WWF/WWE history. So he must have been doing something right...

Still the longest. And during a time when the belt was almost as important as the world title.

Which doesn't really translate the excitement at all, to those who missed out.

The only thing I can compare those kayfabe days to, is the hype for modern superhero movies. We knew it was faked, but most of us didn't know the meta rules of the fiction.

Even a rest hold created real suspense.

Return to “Reader Reviews”