The Lost Vikings (SNES)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

The Lost Vikings (SNES)

Postby Zack Burner » August 2nd, 2020, 9:17 pm

Before it was called Blizzard, it was known as Silicon and Synapse, and from that time, they generated this great game in a class in and of itself, The Lost Vikings, a rare title that's a puzzle platformer. You get three Vikings of different skills, Erik the Swift who can run, jump, and ram enemies/walls, Beleog the Fierce, who can defeat foes with his sword or bow/arrows, and Olaf the Stout, who can block attacks, hang glide, and give Erik a platform all with his shield. After a day of hunting, the trio are abducted by the Alien overlord Tomator who is collecting species to put in his own zoo. You'll traverse different periods and places such as Tomator's ship, prehistoric era, Ancient Egypt, a workshop, a wackyland, and then back on the ship. The key to success here is teamwork, how you use all the Vikings to their abilities. It gets progressivly harder as you go further into the levels, though this is all offset with some good tongue-in-cheek humor such as, "If I ram one more wall my head's gonna explode!" "I got the dibs on his shoes" "It's good to have such good friends". This was followed by a much better sequel which I'll get to soon.

Luigi & Peach

Re: The Lost Vikings (SNES)

Postby Luigi & Peach » August 3rd, 2020, 2:12 pm

This was one of my favorite games for my Genesis. I really wish there had been more than 40-some levels. Not sure how the SNES controllers were with this game, but you really had to have the 6-button controller for the Genesis if you didn't want to lose it playing this game trying to switch between characters. The standard Genesis controller technically worked in the same way you can technically use a modern computer using only the keyboard.

Return to “Reader Reviews”