WWF Raw (SNES and Genesis)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

WWF Raw (SNES and Genesis)

Postby Zack Burner » December 13th, 2020, 9:40 am

Released one year after WWF Royal Rumble, this game boosts everything to the max. Did it all live up? Let's find out! For a start in both console versions the roster is the same: Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon, Luna Vachon, Lex Luger, Doink the Clown, The Undertaker, Yokozuna, 1-2-3 Kid, and Diesel (Kevin Nash). The gameplay is spiced up a bit, one can now do sleeperholds on opponents, and movesets are different per wrestler, though the grapple system, from the previous game is the same, which is an acquired taste, some will love it, some won't. There's now some Mega Moves, which take a page from NBA Jam as outlandish such as Doink Field Goal Kicking the opponent out of the ring (plus doing major damage), 1-2-3 jumping from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, and Owen spinning around. To find out about these mega moves one had to purchase a special video (this video was once on Youtube, but it's gone now). Besides movesets, there's now attributes such as speed, power, weight (which makes some wrestlers impervious to some moves), and defense. Besides the one-on-one, tournament, brawl, and royal rumble, there's now bedlam where you are against a number of opponents you can choose. LJN almost pulled out all the stops on this one.

lynchie137

Re: WWF Raw (SNES and Genesis)

Postby lynchie137 » December 15th, 2020, 3:57 pm

Again, not a fan of the grapple system that they used in this one as well as it's predecessor Royal Rumble. But I do get a huge kick out of those Mega Moves. That is, when I can actually pull one off haha :lol:

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » December 16th, 2020, 5:17 pm

lynchie137 wrote:Again, not a fan of the grapple system that they used in this one as well as it's predecessor Royal Rumble. But I do get a huge kick out of those Mega Moves. That is, when I can actually pull one off haha :lol:

Which Mega Moves were your favorite(s)? Mine were Lex Luger's Super Punch, Diesel's Caber Toss, Luna's Propeller Splash, and 1-2-3 Kid's Turnbuckle to Turnbuckle Jump.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » December 16th, 2020, 8:17 pm

Zack Burner wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:Again, not a fan of the grapple system that they used in this one as well as it's predecessor Royal Rumble. But I do get a huge kick out of those Mega Moves. That is, when I can actually pull one off haha :lol:

Which Mega Moves were your favorite(s)? Mine were Lex Luger's Super Punch, Diesel's Caber Toss, Luna's Propeller Splash, and 1-2-3 Kid's Turnbuckle to Turnbuckle Jump.

Hmm.. I like Owen Hart's corkscrew and Bam Bam Bigelow's the most. And honorable mentions has to go to Doink's as well. That one always brings a smile to my face...

Return to “Reader Reviews”