Tintin in Tibet (Europe SNES)

The readers post their own reviews.
Zack Burner

Tintin in Tibet (Europe SNES)

Postby Zack Burner » December 20th, 2020, 1:33 pm

In light of winter coming (in fact, recently in my area we had a record of 2 feet of snow!), I decided on a rare Europe release only adventure game with elements of winter. Based off the famous French comic book by Belgian Herge, you control Tintin as he tries to locate his friend somewhere in the mountains of Tibet. If you're expecting a lot of shooting and fighting, you're looking in the wrong place for those aspects as you won't find any here. Like the story it's more about adventure and the humanity in the storyline. Bascially, it's platforming and puzzles where you have to move some objects around to get to certain areas, dodging things (in fact some benign things such as people on bicycles, waiters, cleaning ladies, etc. can hurt you). The gameplay is fun, but even after you get used to the sluggish controls, the difficulty is pretty hard, even on easy. The sound is nothing to write home about, but the graphics take top prize, it perfectly matches the comicbook/cartoon and the animations are fluid. So if you're looking to escape into the snowy mountains, this is a good choice, but be prepared for unrelenting difficulty.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Tintin in Tibet (Europe SNES)

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 20th, 2020, 4:44 pm

I wonder if this would run on my Retron 5?

Return to “Reader Reviews”