Dirt Rally 2.0 (Reviewed on Xbox Series X)

The readers post their own reviews.
Retro STrife

Re: Dirt Rally 2.0 (Reviewed on Xbox Series X)

Postby Retro STrife » July 1st, 2021, 4:45 pm

Buttermancan wrote:The career mode starts off relatively easy. Yes; the physics are brutal but your competitors are crap and also make mistakes. When you get to the highest difficulty is when things become relentlessly brutal. One significant mistake sends you far down the rankings.

I don't know, I'm willing to admit I might just royally suck, but I didn't fare as well as you. I found the game to be brutally difficult from the start. And the on-screen direction arrows and annoying voice directions didn't really help me either. I was constantly crashing and couldn't get anywhere with the game. My wife was so embarrassed at witnessing my terrible driving that she snatched the controller and tried for herself. She fared even worse..

Buttermancan

Re: Dirt Rally 2.0 (Reviewed on Xbox Series X)

Postby Buttermancan » July 4th, 2021, 12:39 am

Retro STrife wrote:
Buttermancan wrote:The career mode starts off relatively easy. Yes; the physics are brutal but your competitors are crap and also make mistakes. When you get to the highest difficulty is when things become relentlessly brutal. One significant mistake sends you far down the rankings.

I don't know, I'm willing to admit I might just royally suck, but I didn't fare as well as you. I found the game to be brutally difficult from the start. And the on-screen direction arrows and annoying voice directions didn't really help me either. I was constantly crashing and couldn't get anywhere with the game. My wife was so embarrassed at witnessing my terrible driving that she snatched the controller and tried for herself. She fared even worse..

My advice for newcomers is to brake sooner than most racers. In the review I mentioned the racing term 'slow in, fast out' with regards to approaching corners and that mindset improved my times immeasurably.
Be sure to start the game with low powered cars such as the mini. High powered cars go too fast and require extreme precision.

Return to “Reader Reviews”